California State University, Sacramento

Based on real user feedback and statistics, no longer supports Microsoft’s Internet Explorer browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Skip to Main Content

Bursar's Office Division of Administration & Business Affairs

Support Page Content

Residency Reclassification

Continuing Student

If you are a continuing student seeking to change your status from non-resident to resident, documentation is required to show you moved to California with the intent of making this state your permanent home and that you have severed all ties with your former state for one year period prior to the residence determination date (September 20th for the Fall semesters and January 25th for the Spring semesters).

If you feel you meet this requirement, please print out the appropriate Residency Reclassification Packet (pdf), read all of the instructions, complete required fields, attach all required documents and submit to the Bursar's Office, Lassen Hall 1003.

**While we are closed due to COVID 19, the packet can be placed in our drop box located in front of Lassen 1001 or mailed to the office at the address below.**


Phone: (916) 278-1000, option 3
Address: Sacramento State Bursar's Office, 6000 J Street MS 6052, Sacramento, CA 95819
CSU Website:

New Student

New Students can change their residency status from non-resident to resident by contacting Residency Screening in Admissions via email or by phone at (916) 278-2529.