Transfer Students

I Have Been Admitted

Welcome to California State University, Sacramento!

The following items will help you through the steps you need to take to ensure a successful start here at Sacramento State.

What does “conditional admission” mean?

All offers of admission are conditional. Students typically apply before completing their last semester of community college. Applying prior to the completion of community college means that one or more classes are in-progress and we will not have final grades for these courses until later in the year.

We conditionally admit students based on self-reported and in-progress coursework as indicated on the application from Cal State Apply during the application filing period. After students are admitted and accept their Intent-to-Enroll (ITE), their official transcripts are reviewed to determine if they are on track to complete all admission requirements within the allowed timeframe. Students who are on track to transfer are invited to register for mandatory New Student Orientation.

All applicants must maintain eligibility by completing all courses with passing grades (C- or higher), submitting all required official transcripts and test scores (TOEFL, AP, IB, etc.), and adhering to all deadlines and other requirements.

Students who are admitted with in-progress coursework will be required to provide an updated set of official transcripts with all final grades to finish validating their admission eligibility prior to beginning classes at Sac State.

Applications are term specific, which means that Sacramento State will not defer or roll forward your application or admission from term to term. If you do not attend Sacramento State in the term designated on your application, then you must reapply and submit a new application and fee for the subsequent term you wish to be considered for admissions to Sacramento State. 

Please note: Spring admitted students who have General Education English (A2 Written Composition) and/or Math (B4 Quantitative Reasoning) in-progress during the Spring 2018 semester must provide verification of passing grades (C- or higher) in those courses before being allowed to register for classes at orientation.

Set up your SacLink Account

If you have not already done so, this will allow you to access important information and communication via your My Sac State. This personal portal is how you will stay current with all campus information, access your personalized "To Do" list, get payment and account information, and search and register for classes.

Access My Sac State

Intent-to-Enroll (ITE)

Confirm your Intent-to-Enroll (ITE). You must let us know if you are planning to attend Sacramento State for Fall by May 1 or for Spring by November 9. 

Complete your Intent-to-Enroll

NOTE: This is a critical deadline! Failure to complete the ITE by the deadline will result in your application being withdrawn from consideration.

Financial Aid

Applying for Financial Aid?  Check your "To Do" list in the Student Center of your My Sac State account and be sure to submit all requested documents on or before May 1. Then watch your My Sac State in the spring to Accept/Decline Financial Aid awards. For more information on financial aid awards go to:

Spring Transfers

To ensure a smooth transition of your financial aid file for the Spring semester, you must do the following:

  • Update your FAFSA for the current academic year to include CSU, Sacramento as your top school. School Code 001150
  • Notify your current institution that you will no longer be attending there, and request that they close your financial aid file

You must do both of these to receive aid for the Spring semester, as you can only receive aid at one institution per semester.


If you are planning to live on campus, submit your online housing application beginning early March for the Fall semester. For more information on housing and application instructions go to:

Associates Degree for Transfer

If you are participating in the Associate Degree for Transfer program (SB1440), proof of eligibility from your community college must be submitted to Admissions & Outreach by March 15 (for Fall) or October 31 (for Spring). A counselor at your community college can provide electronic proof of eligibility to our campus via the "Associate Degree for Transfer eVerify" website. If your community college is unable to provide electronic proof of eligibility, a paper verification form signed by a counselor can be submitted to our office, Attn: ADT Coordinator, at the following address: 

Sacramento State
Admissions & Outreach
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6048

Visit our Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) page for more information.

Campus and Program Impaction

If you intend to major in one of our Designated Impacted Programs, please check with that program for supplemental criteria, application instructions, and important deadlines.

Visit our Impaction Page for more information.

New Student Orientation

Orientation at Sacramento State is a mandatory  two- step process. Both steps, Hornet Pre-Orientation and attending Orientation are required.

Please note dates: Beginning April 1 for Fall admission and November 1 for Spring admission. Orientation takes place in June (for Fall) or January (for Spring).

Step 1: Complete Hornet Pre-Orientation

After submitting your Intent to Enroll through your MySacState account, you can begin Hornet Pre-Orientation. The Hornet Pre-Orientation will outline important information you need to be aware of prior to attending your on-campus Orientation session. This includes advising tools, academics, student services, student life and planning for Orientation. 

You will need to complete this 60-minute program prior to attending on-campus Orientation. This online program is located in the Student Center on the lower right under the Important Links heading (see picture below).



Step 2: Attend Transfer Orientation

Transfer Orientation occurs in summer for new fall students and in January for new spring students. During Orientation, you will participate in major and General Education advising, attend information sessions on campus services, and register for classes. There is a fee to attend Orientation.

For additional information on how to register for an Orientation session, program fees, program dates, registration deadlines and the schedule of the day, visit:


Important Transcript Information and Deadlines
You are required to submit your official transcripts with all college coursework completed to date as well as any courses currently in progress from ALL colleges you have attended by February 8* (for Fall) or September 13 (for Spring). Even if you withdrew from a course or college, or believe the credits are not applicable, you must submit the transcript.

Official test score credits (AP, IB, and CLEP) are considered transcripts. Official AP, IB, and CLEP scores must be ordered from College Board or and sent directly to our campus by the deadline, February 8* (for Fall) or September 13 (for Spring). Except in rare instances, we do not accept test credits posted to other college transcripts.

If you are admitted with in progress coursework, updated official transcripts with all final grades are due by July 1 (for Fall) or January 11 (for Spring).

Returning Sac State students: Only send transcripts from colleges attended since leaving Sac State.

Submit Transcripts

By Mail
Sacramento State
Admissions & Outreach
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6048

Drop Off
Sacramento State
Admissions & Outreach
Lassen Hall, Room #1102
Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm 

Official transcripts must be in their sealed envelopes from the source. Opened transcripts or transcripts in personal envelopes will be considered unofficial.

Electronic Transcripts
Sac State accepts and prefers electronic transcripts from other institutions. Official electronic transcripts must be sent directly from your college to our campus via:

Transcripts and any attachments emailed to our campus from personal email accounts will be considered unofficial. 

Important Electronic Transcript Information
Transcripts will be retrieved electronically by Sac State Admissions on behalf of our incoming students from the following California Community Colleges if they were reported on the Cal State Apply application: American River College, Antelope Valley College, Cerritos College, Chabot College, Chaffey College, Cosumnes River College, Cypress College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Las Positas College, L.A. City College, L.A. Harbor College, L.A. Mission College, L.A. Pierce College, L.A. Southwest College, L.A. Trade-Technical College, L.A. Valley College, Sacramento City College, San Joaquin Delta College, and Santa Rosa Junior College, West LA. 

Please note: You must have the same social security number on file at both institutions for electronic transcripts to be retrieved on your behalf. If you do not currently have a social security number on file, we will not be able to request electronic transcripts for you from these colleges. You will need to request your official transcripts and have them sent to us prior to the transcript deadline. If you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, your electronic transcript will not be released to us and we will not receive it. You will need to clear the hold and provide the official transcript to us by the stated deadline. If you attended one of the colleges listed above, but did not report the campus on your Cal State Apply application, please fill out an Application Correction Request.

Application Correction Request

Did you make an error while completing your application? 

Submit a completed Application Correction Request Form online. You will need your SacLink username and password to log-in and access the form. 

Please note: Changes to your contact information you can do yourself though your My Sac State account. Do not use this form for changes to your birth date, social security number, or name - these changes require you to call our office for instructions at (916) 278-1000. Change of Major must be requested through the University Registrar's Office by submitting a Change of Major Request Form.

Do you need to make changes to your Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) information? Fill out an ADT Correction Request Form and check out our Associate Degree for Transfer page for more information about the ADT.

Pay your Registration Tuition Fees

Fee statements and payments are due after course registration. Several payment options are available, for more information on deadlines and payment options go to If you do not pay fees on time, you will be dropped from your classes.

Immunization Requirements

Make sure you have met the CSU immunization requirement. Click here for more information.

Download the Fall 2019 Checklist of Important Dates and Deadlines

Fall 2019 Checklist