Graduate Student Forms:

  • Form A - Newly accepted graduate sutdent must meedt with the Graduate Faculty Advisor early in their first semester of starting the program and submit form A. 
  • Form B - Newly accepted graduate studenst must meeth with faculty advisors by the end of the first semester to establish a thesis committee and submt form B. 
  • Form C - Submit form C after meeting with thesis/project advisor with a copy of approved thesis prospectus and required signatures. 
  • Thesis Add Permit (ANTH 500) - After advancement to candidacy, student may enroll in Anth 500 Master Thesis. Submit completed form to the Anthropology Department Office. 



  1. September 10, 2018

       Continuous Enrollment for Fall 2018

  1. October 1, 2018

      Application for Graduation (for Fall 2018 graduation)

      Advancement to Candidacy (for Spring 2019 advancement)

      Application for Classification (for Spring 2019 classification)





Advancement to Candidacy

Each student must file an application for Advancement to Candidacy indicating a proposed program of graduate study. This procedure may begin as soon as the classified graduate student has:

  • removed any deficiencies in admission requirements;
  • completed at least 12 units of 200-level Anthropology courses with a minimum 3.0 GPA;
  • completed a Thesis Prospectus Review; and
  • taken the Writing Placement for Graduate Students (WPG) or taken a Graduate Writing Intensive (GWI) course in their discipline within the first two semesters of coursework at California State University, Sacramento or secured approval for a WPG waiver.

Preliminary Examination: Passing the Preliminary Examination is a prerequisite to Advancement to Candidacy.

Note: Students may not enroll in ANTH 500 until Advanced to Candidacy. The student fills out the form after planning a program of study in consultation with his/her Anthropology faculty advisors. The completed Advancement to Candidacy form is then returned to the Office of Graduate Studies for approval.


Continous Enrollment

Classified graduate students normally retain rights to the catalog under which they were classified providing they retain continuous enrollment as defined by the University. Students not maintaining continuous enrollment lose classified graduate standing and will therefore be required to apply for readmission.

Students who have been advanced to candidacy and who have completed all coursework can maintain the required active degree program status without additional University registration by submitting a Continuous Enrollment Form and paying a 'Continuous Enrollment' fee through CCE.* There are no units associated with this enrollment. Continuous enrollment is only valid for as long as the student is within the time period allowed for the completion of the culminating experience requirement (Thesis).

Students who do not finish the thesis or project within the semester of original enrollment in ANTH 500 will receive a grade of Report in Progress (RP) in their thesis course. Provided adequate progress has been made the following three semesters and continuous enrollment is maintained, the 'RP' grade will stand until the thesis or project is completed. If the student does not complete the culminating experience within the 4 semester time limit, he or she will receive a No Credit (N/C) grade for these units. Such students are then required to re enroll in the culminating requirement (ANTH 500) units before continuing their programs through the Anthropology Department Office by re-submitting a Thesis Add Permit (ANTH 500) form with required approvals.


Thesis / Dissertation Deadlines