Seeking Academic/Career Guidance

  • Community College Counselor
    • Meet with your Community College Counselor to develop an Education Plan to transfer
    • Talk with your counselor about potential major/career choices that you may want to pursue at Sac State 
  • Sac State Academic Advisor 
    • Fill out this GE and Graduation Requirements Worksheet with an academic advisor (attached to this email)
    • Meet with an academic AND major advisor every semester to stay on the 2-year graduation track, regardless if it's mandatory or not 
    • Discuss graduation requirements, the Writing Placement for Juniors (WPJ) and residency units with an academic advisor upon arrival
    • Continuously monitor your Academic Requirements page and Progress to Degrees meters in your Student Center  
  • For more information about Academic Advising, please visit their website at