High School Equivalency Program


“Mejorando tu calidad de vida”
“Improving your quality of life”

The Sacramento State High School Equivalency Program (HEP) is one of fifty federally funded programs nationwide designed to assist migrant or seasonal agricultural workers 18 years of age or older currently not enrolled in school obtain the equivalent of a high school diploma. HEP also helps students prepare to move on to higher levels of education or training and into more stable and better paid forms of employment.



  • Provide access to high school equivalency (HSE) completion to migrant and/or seasonal farmworkers and their family.
  • Assist high school equivalency (HSE) completers move on to higher levels of educations, training and/or into more stable and better paid employment.
  • Promote a family-like environment that allow students to affirm their own cultural identity, enrich academic and professional growth, and build networks that will support their advancement.


  • Bilingual instruction in reading, writing, math, science, and social studies to prepare students to pass the high school equivalency (HSE) exam.
  • Bilingual tutoring to help students make progress in the classroom and if needed prepare to retake the high school equivalency (HSE) exam as needed.
  • Books, school supplies and HSE testing fees at no cost to the student.
  • Career exploration workshops and individual assistance applying for opportunities post high school equivalency (HSE).

HEP Classes Available:

Dates & Times: Monday – Thursdays from 6 – 9pm

Yuba City
Gray Avenue Middle School
808 Gray Avenue
Yuba City, CA 95991

El Concilio
224 S. Sutter St.
Stockton, CA 95203

Bates Elementary School
180 Primasing Ave
Courtland, CA 95615

California Human Development
631 E. Oak St.
Lodi, CA 95240

Woodland Community College
2300 E. Gibson Rd, (Building 600, Room 623)
Woodland, CA 95776


Interested individuals may be eligible for the High School Equivalency Program if they meet the following criteria:

  1. 18 years of age or older and not enrolled in high school.
  2. Migrant or seasonal farm workers and their children

How do I know if I am or I have a Migrant or Seasonal farm worker background?
You or your parents earned wages for personal subsistence for at least 75 days in the past 24 months  OR were previously enrolled in the Migrant Education Program (within the past two years)  OR you were previously enrolled in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA 167).


  1. Courses in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies
  2. Classes are bilingual (English and Spanish)
  3. Evening courses (6 - 9pm)
  4. Four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)


  1. Enroll in an institution of higher education.
  2. Enroll in vocational or training program.
  3. Enlist in the military.
  4. Upgrade employment.