Visual & Performing Arts Improvements
- Expand gallery and studio space to better showcase the work of students, faculty, and guest artists at campus events like the Festival of the Arts.
- Increase the number of exhibitions open to the Sacramento State community and members of the general public that will complement our existing community-based programming such as U-Nite at the Crocker Art Museum and U-Create at the Verge Cultural Center.
- Create cutting-edge programs by investing in emerging digital and new media arts.
- Modernize performance spaces — such as the University Theatre, Playwrights’ Theatre, Dance Space, and Capistrano Concert Hall — classrooms, and lab spaces for the benefit of the entire Sacramento State community. Take A Seat Campaign
- Improve accessibility and safety, and make other enhancements to artistic production spaces on campus, including the photography lab, ceramics lab, and theatre spaces.
Endowed Visiting Artists & Scholars
- Establish an endowment for visiting artists, lecturers, or groups to be hosted in residence at Sacramento State.
- Expand the number and types of campus events to incorporate a wide variety of guest lecturers, authors, researchers, scholars, and dignitaries — benefiting a wider community of audiences and enriching the educational experience for all.
- Double scholarship and endowment funds for current and future students, making a significant and immediate impact on their lives.
- Invest in collaborative research projects and creative activities in arts and letters to build more collaborative learning opportunities for Sacramento State students and faculty.
- Launch the Arts and Culture Entrepreneurship Program, empowering creatively minded students with the pertinent business knowledge, tools, and skills so they can build viable careers in the arts and letters, and, in turn, improve the cultural viability and equity in the communities where they work and live.