Support Page Content
Monday, November 14th
Coffee and Connect with Rich Foreman - Serial Entrepreneur
The "Fireside" Chat: Rich Foreman and Cameron Law
We are very pleased to bring to you during Global Entrepreneurship Week Sacramento powered by Western Health Advantage an exciting coffee and connect event to kick off the week.
At this event you will have the opportunity to hear from Rich Foreman a serial entrepreneur and entrepreneurship community builder in a fireside-style chat. In addition, you can connect and caffeinate for a day and a week filled with entrepreneurship and startups.
About Rich Forman
Rich Foreman was the Co-founder of Apptology which was named Small Business of the Year in 2014 by the Sacramento Asian Pacific Chamber. He was also the Founding Chief Technology Officer at Cordico which received the Sacramento Region Innovation Award in 2021. Cordico was acquired by Lexipol in 2020.
As founding CTO, Rich led the team that developed the CordicoShield / CordicoFire Wellness App. Cordico was honored with the Sacramento Innovation Award in 2021. After achieving a 7 digit ARR, Cordico was acquired by Lexipol in 2020. Rich has a BS in Industrial Engineering from the University of Washington, an MPA from Troy State University and was an officer in the U.S. Navy. Rich co-authored his book, "Tap into the Mobile Economy."
Starting and Running a Family Business
During Global Entrepreneurship Week Sacramento, powered by Western Health Advantage, we are excited to bring you an opportunity to learn about starting and running a family business. This event is in partnership with the College of Business at Sacramento State.
At this event you will have the opportunity to hear from a panel of leaders and business owners who will share their experience in starting and running a family business.
- Donna Walters - Founder of Cal State Esports Collective (moderator)
- John Allen, Senior Vice President | Family Wealth Director at Allen Feest Kjellberg Wealth Management Group at Morgan Stanley as well as a Sacramento State graduate
- Stella Premo - Executive Director at the Capital Region Family Business Center
Build the Future - Engineer to Entrepreneur
During Global Entrepreneurship Week Sacramento, powered by Western Health Advantage, we are happy to bring you an inspirational panel discussion of engineers turned entrepreneurs. This discussion will be run in partnership with the College of Engineering and Computer Science at Sacramento State.
We know how much engineers influence and build the world around us both virtual and physically and with that we are excited to have a panel of engineer entrepreneurs share their experience in building. Our panelists will discuss their experience in building both hardware and software solutions as well as the process of not only building a product but also a company.
- Anna von Wendorff, Founder and CEO of Scopi
- Sherry Chang, Co-Founder and CEO of Neural Lab
- Kaleen Canevari, Founder and CEO od Flexia
About the Carlsen Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship: We serve as a regional hub and platform for providing approachable and accessible entrepreneurial education, community, and support to enable startup founders of all backgrounds to explore and launch their businesses.
Innovation Pitch Competition for Faculty from the College of Education
As part of our celebration of Global Entrepreneurship Week-Sacramento, powered by Western Health Advantage, come support faculty from the College of Education at Sac State who will pitch their innovative ideas for academic programs. They will be judged by the College Leadership Group, representatives from College of Continuing Education, and College of Education partners/advisory board.
Winners will be awarded cash prizes as well as continuous incentives, if their program is launched.
Awards: $3000 for first place, $2000 for second place, and $1000 for third place, divided equally among team members.
Sacramento Entrepreneurial State of the Union
During Global Entrepreneurship Week 2022, presented by Western Health Advantage, we are excited to bring to you a Sacramento Entrepreneurial State of the Union discussing our region's innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem! This event is set to launch us into a full week of events, workshops, and pitch competitions.
This signature event will highlight a keynote speaker, Jason Grill, in a presentation and fireside chat where he will discuss the Right to Start and its framework for "unleashing entrepreneurial opportunity for everyone, we all benefit from more homegrown jobs, higher incomes, greater productivity, lower inequality, stronger communities, and less poverty."
In addition to the keynote, this event will elevate various elements of how we as a Greater Sacramento region can remove barriers to ensure all in our region have the right to start a business through an empowering panel discussion.
- Jason Grill - Head of Government Affairs at Right to Start and accomplished entrepreneur, consultant, elected official, senior advisor, lawyer and media contributor in the public and private sector
- Cameron Law - Executive Director of the Carlsen Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Sacramento Organizer for Global Entrepreneurship Week, Board Member of FourthWave, Right to Start Ambassador
- Chris Horton - Founder and Executive Director of Extending a Helping Hand, Global Director of Strategic Initiatives of National Black Entrepreneurs Project.
- Monique Brown - Co-Founder and Managing Director of the Growth Factory
- Scott Powell - Executive Vice President at the Greater Sacramento Economic Council
- Tara Lynn Gray - Director of The California Office of Small Business Advocate(CalOSBA)part of the Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz)
- R. Scott Alvord - Council Member at City of Roseville, CEO of Advanced Development Concepts, President of Advanced Business Roundtable, and Business Professor at William Jessup
Read the We Are All Starters: A Manifesto to Renew Ourselves and Our Nation (Free Digital Copy)
Right to Start: Fights to expand entrepreneurial opportunity for all. We drive civic change through: grassroots organizing and mobilizing, policy advocacy and engagement, and lifting the voices of entrepreneurs through media and storytelling. Our campaign is based in two affiliated nonprofits: Right to Start is a 501(c)3 and Right to Start Fund is a 501(c)4.
About Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW)
"Let's show the world what happens when we unleash entrepreneurial ideas, creativity and potential." -- Global Entrepreneurship Week USA