Support Page Content
Capital Fellows Programs
Applications are now open for the 2021-2022 fellowship year.
Capital Fellows Programs Application
Application Information and Details
Applicant Minimum Qualifications
- A completed bachelor's degree by September 1st of the fellowship year and either a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher or a GPA of 2.5 or higher in the last 60 (semester) or 90 (quarter) units.
- Applicants must be 20 years of age or older by Sept. 1 of the fellowship year.
- Non-U.S. citizens must provide proof of appropriate immigration status. The program does not meet the requirements for F-1 or J-1 visas, nor any work permits requiring participation in the E-verify system.
- Applicants must be prepared for full-time employment, Monday - Friday.
Dates & Deadlines
- October: Capital Fellows Programs applications open in early October.
- February: Capital Fellows Programs application deadline: February 1, 2021 (11:59 pm PST)
- April: Capital Fellows Programs Interviews in late April
- May: Capital Fellows Programs Interviews in early May.
- September/October: Program orientation begins in Sacramento. (Judicial Fellows begin in September. All other programs begin in October.)
Application & Selection Process
All applications must include the following materials:
- Completed online application,
- Personal statement and program or policy statement,
- Three letters of recommendation,
- Transcripts from each college and university attended.
All Fellows receive:
- a monthly stipend of $2,964, as well as medical, dental and vision benefits;
- fully-paid enrollment and earn six graduate units;
- student loan deferment; and
- upon successful completion of the fellowship, a Graduate Certificate in Applied Policy and Government
Call 916-278-6906 for assistance