Support Page Content
The Chancellor's Office of the California State University has granted the College of Business Administration impaction status for its undergraduate business major. Students applying to the business major are required to submit a supplemental business application.
Requirements for Application
Students must have completed the following courses with minimum C- grades with the exception of MATH 24 which must be completed with minimum C grade prior to applying:
- ACCY 1: Fundamentals of Accounting
- ACCY 2: Managerial Accounting
- ECON 1A: Macroeconomics
- ECON 1B: Microeconomics
- MATH 24: Modern Business Math (Calculus courses ok in lieu of MATH 24. Pre-calculus and Finite Math do not meet the MATH 24 requirement)
- MGMT 10: Introduction to Business Law
- STAT 1: Introduction to Statistics
- MIS 1: Word Processing*
- MIS 2: Spreadsheets*
- MIS 3: Presentation Graphics*
- Have a qualifying overall grade point average (min. 2.4); and be in good standing at last college or university attended. Please note that merely have a 2.4 GPA does not guarantee admission to upper division business program. Students will be rank ordered by overall GPA.
- Have 45 units completed.
Effective Fall 2020
*MIS 1, MIS 2 and MIS 3 will no longer be required. The new requirement will be MIS 10 - Business Applications (Spreadsheets). For Spring 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 the College of Business Administration will accept either the MIS 1, 2 & 3 OR MIS 10 requirments for admission purposes. We do, however, encourage students to complete MIS 10 if available at your community college.
New applicants, including transfer students, must have been admitted to the university prior to applying to the upper division major.
The Supplmental Business Application can be found on the online Student Center on My Sac State at the bottom left corner under "Forms".
Unofficial transcripts of all course work outside of Sacramento State must be submitted to the Undergraduate Business Advising Center.
If you need help completing the supplemental business application please view our informational video.
Transcripts can be submitted via:
- Mail :
College of Business Administration
Undergraduate Business Advising Center
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6086
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: (916) 278-4979
- In person: Tahoe Hall room 1030
- Fall 2020 Available February 1 - March 16, 2020
- Spring 2021 Available September 1 - October 15, 2020
New Transfers Only - Associate's Degree for Transfer (ADT) in Bus Adm
- ADT benefits only available for student's applying to Sacramento State in first semester.
- Students earning the ADT must still submit a supplemental application to the major.
- Students who are earning an ADT in Business Administration may apply to the upper division business major with work in progress.
- Students earning the ADT will earn a 0.1 GPA boost for admission purposes.
- The ADT curriculum is used in lieu of the Business major specific courses for admission purposes. Missing courses must still be completed for graduation purposes.
- The ADT in Business Administration does not guarantee admission to the major.
- If you are pursuing a ADT in Business Administration, a verification from your community college that the ADT is in progress must be received by the Sacramento State admissions office by their posted deadline.