Support Page Content
National Cybersecurity Teaching Academy at Sacramento State
The National Cybersecurity Teaching Academy (NCTA) is a 12-credit hour graduate certificate for high school teachers (https://teachcyber.org/ncta-information/). It includes coursework on teaching cybersecurity, foundations of cybersecurity, network security, and advanced topics. Funded by the National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity (located within the National Security Agency), and in partnership with the NCTA coalition, California State University, Sacramento (Sacramento State) is the fourth site to train high school teachers and grant graduate-level certificates to them for teaching cybersecurity.
- Flyer: NCTA@CSUS
- Applicants: high school teachers. A letter of support is needed from school administrator.
- Information Sessions: two sessions will be held at 7:30pm EST on Dec 20, 2022, and Jan 9, 2023 to provide more information about the virtual program, the scholarship, and its application requirements. If you're interested, please register for one of the sessions here: https://www.research.net/r/NCTA_InformationSession_Registration. Here is the video record of the information session on Jan 9, 2023.
- Scholarship Application: https://www.research.net/r/NCTA-CSUS
- Scholarship Application Deadline: Feb 14, 2023.
- Tentative Timeline: 1) Scholarship Application (Dec 2022-Feb 14, 2023); 2) Scholarships Offers Made (Late Feb-Mid March, 2023); 3) Scholarship Offers Accepted/Declined (Late March, 2023); 4) Program Admission and Enrollment (April, 2023); 5) Classes Begin (MWF, June 5-July 14 and July 17-Aug 25, 2023; 6:30-8:50pm EST, i.e. 3:30-5:50pm PST).
Highlights of NCTA at Sacramento State
- Format: virtual (lectures and labs all online)
- Target Participants: nation-wide high school teachers interested in teaching cybersecurity
- Time: Summer 2023 and Summer 2024
- Contacts: Drs. Jun Dai (email@example.com) and Xiaoyan Sun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Support: scholarship to fully cover tuition
- Accomplishment: a graduate-level certificate to teach cybersecurity
- Link: https://www.csus.edu/college/engineering-computer-science/center-information-assurance-security/spotlight/ncta-at-sacstate.html