Support Page Content
ECS Joint Council Exposition
ECS Joint Council Exposition
Saturday, April 6, Noon to 4:00 pm
About The Event
Join the College of Engineering and Computer Science for numerous interactive activities! The Engineering and Computer Science Joint Council (ECSJC) Exposition will have something for everyone, from K-12 to industry professionals-featuring the annual Robot Rumble as well as some senior design projects, student club projects and more.
Each year the ECS Joint Council decides on a theme for the Expo that defines what we hope to see from our peers and club organizations through their displays at the event. This year the council has decided on “Dare To Acheive The Impossible” as a mission statement to which we hope to bring inclusiveness for all clubs and establishes our unity as an engineering and computer science college.
About The College
We strive to be a valued community of scholars in which students are engaged in diverse learning experiences with faculty who are devoted to student success and technical achievement. Through contemporary curricula, engaging pedagogy, scholarship, and applied research, we produce career-ready graduates prepared for a lifetime of professional achievement and intellectual growth. We value student success, academic excellence, scholarship, innovation, a balance of theory and practice, diversity, opportunity, community engagement, integrity, and accountability.
The College emphasizes quality instruction in all of its programs. Our 72 full-time faculty members have earned their degrees at some of the nation's finest universities. Our professors are dedicated to personally educating and training young people, and share a practical, design-oriented philosophy which encourages independent thinking and problem solving. The academic programs prepare our 4,200+ students for both professional practice and advanced study in their chosen disciplines.
ECSJC is a campus recognized organization, sponsored by ASI, which provides a forum for networking and collaboration among student leaders in the College of Engineering and Computer Science as well as providing an avenue for the student voice.
ECSJC gives student leaders within the College of Engineering and Computer Science the opportunity to share ideas, plan joint events (i.e. Expo), and discuss student issues.
ECSJC consists of officers of clubs and organizations within the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
The purpose of this organization is to provide a voice for the students of the College of Engineering and Computer Science. The ECSJC strives to promote recruitment and retention for the students of the College of Engineering and Computer Science.
Events and Activities
- The Hornet Racing Team will introduce its small Formula-style race car, which is being developed in anticipation of this summer’s Formula SAE collegiate competition.
- The students who designed and built Sac State’s entry in the SMUD Tiny House Competition, will be outside the union for a walk through their innovative 400-square-foot solar cabin.
- The team headed to April’s micro-mouse regional competition will demonstrate how their tiny robot “mice” learn to solve a complex maze.
- The Concrete Canoe and Steel Bridge competition teams will show off a model concrete canoe and a steel bridge in advance of their American Society of Civil Engineers Mid-Pacific Student Conference and Competition.
- The Competitive Robotics club will stage a Robot Rumble, an exciting full-scale battle of small, handmade robots facing off in a big glass “cage.”
- Computer science students will demonstrate computer graphics and games, mobile software applications, circuits design, cybersecurity, and artificial intelligence programming.
- Several Computer Engineering and Science clubs will showcase their talents with a collection of virtual reality activities.
- In addition, Sacramento Police Department bomb squad officers will be on hand to demonstrate Ozbot, the battery-powered robot that assesses high-risk situations and defuses bombs.