Support Page Content
MCAT Preparatory Scholarship Program
In collaboration with the UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium and California State University Sacramento, the California Wellness Foundation will offer scholarships for a Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) Preparatory Course. Applications to this course are available for current students and alumni within the California State University and University of California system.
This is a wonderful scholarship for individuals who are seeking additional support in preparation for the MCAT before applying to medical school! Included in this scholarship is the opportunity to be connected with the MiMentor community. All scholarship recipients are required to apply in MiMentor's Medical School Readiness Series for additional community and guidance.
Application opens April 15, 2021, 8:00 am.
Deadline: June 7, 2021, 11:59 pm.
Using the application, please address the following essay questions:
- Why are you interested in participating in the MCAT Preparatory Scholarship program?
- Describe a difficult situation you have overcome. How do you feel this has prepared you for a career in medicine?
- What activities have you participated in or lead that demonstrate your commitment to providing services to individuals from economically and medically disadvantaged communities? If your experience is limited, what do you hope to do in the future?
Once you have completed the application, please submit the following supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org using the email subject line: 2021-2022 MCAT Preparatory Scholarships Program-PBC: Last Name, First Name
- Copy of financial aid award letter (can be unofficial)
- Copy of transcripts (can be unofficial)
- Completed GPA Calculator
Please note that all material and a completed application must be emailed to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 7, 2021. Materials received after the deadline date will not be considered.