Support Page Content
NSM Virtual Pitch Competition
- To encourage NSM students, faculty, and staff to apply innovative thinking to solve real world problems.
- To accomplish learning objectives around inter-disciplinary research, critical thinking, creativity in solving a problem, persuasive presentations, team work and networking with stakeholders and employers.
- To gain practical experience in building a case for a social impact venture or for-profit business. In the process they will network with stakeholders, employers, and startup founders of the region.
- To prepare NSM students, faculty and staff in articulating their idea in a business model or social impact venture
Who can participate?
- The pitch competition is open to all NSM students, faculty, and staff in all departments within the college.
- Partners from other colleges or outside the university are encouraged.
How to register?
- The pitch entries are expected to be primarily built around innovation that solves a real-world problem (for profit or for social impact).
- The competition is aimed at the early idea stage and there is no expectation of having a piloted or market-tested product or service to enter this competition.
Date: November 6th, 2020
Time: 10 am - 12 pm
Place: Virtual platform
- Grand prize: $300
- Second place: $200
- Third place: $100
Entry Deadline: October 26th
Additional information for the event, guidelines and rubric are below: