Support Page Content
Prospect Peer Mentoring for Success
Prospects is comprised of a team of experienced and knowledgeable Psychology Majors who are trained as Peer Mentors. Our goal is to help guide all students to their social and academic goals throughout the Psychology Program.
- Learning different subfields in psychology
- Choosing courses relevant to specific concentration
- Course planning
- Choosing a faculty advisor
- Choosing catalog rights
- Finding internship and research assistant opportunities
- Information on graduate school
- Understanding University policies and procedures
- Applying to various Psychology-related clubs
- Assistance with any other psychology-related issues
Apply to be part of the Prospects Program!
You can be part of a semester-long course in which students engage in a meaningful mentor-mentee relationship exploring the field of psychology, professionalism, and campus resources.
Enroll as a mentee for 1 unit (credit or no credit), or as a mentor for 3 units of upper division (graded).
Mentee applications are accepted year-round.
For more information, visit the Prospects Office in Amador 358
Become a Mentor
The Psychology Peer Mentor application will be e-mailed to all Psychology Majorsonce it opens in mid-semester.
Applicants will be asked to submit the following supplemental materials:
- A completed and signed Mentor Contract
- Visit the Prospects Peer Mentoring office (AMD 358) during office hours to obtain the contract.
- Once the contract is signed, please include it with your application materials.
- A copy of their curriculum vitae/resume
- An unofficial copy of their Sac State transcript
- A two-page essay (in APA format) answering the following
- Tell us about yourself
- Why are you interested in becoming a Peer Mentor?
- What kind of experience do you have that would help you add value to this program?
Supplemental documents must be stapled and submitted to the Prospects Peer Mentoring Office during office hours by the deadline.