Support Page Content
Department Governance & Faculty Resources
Documents and resources related to the Department of Public Policy and Administration.
The Department’s guidelines for appointing and evaluating faculty members are set forth in its ARTP processes and procedures document, which has been approved by the University administration. This document applies to both full-time and part-time faculty.
Department Committees and Representatives
The Department uses a set of standing committees for making various decisions. For the 2018 Fall semester, the committees and their memberships are as follows.
- Faculty Senate Representative for Fall 2019: Ted Lascher, Sara McClellan (alternate)
- Full-Time Faculty Appointments Committee: TBD
- Human Subjects Committee: Please contact the Research Integrity and Complicance Officer
- Part-Time Faculty Appointments Committee: Ted Lascher (chair), TBD
- Part-Time Faculty Evaluation Committee: TBD
- RTP Committee: TBD
Temporary Part Time Faculty Positions
The temporary, part-time applicant pool from which all regular appointments are made is reconstituted each year during the spring semester for the following academic year. Those who have been in the pool or who have taught in the past must reapply and re-qualify annually.
To apply please send:
- a letter of interest (listing classes you wish to teach and your qualifications)
- a current resume or CV
We accept applications continuously during the year. We ask that those wishing to teach Fall 2019 submit an application by Friday, April 26, 2019. You may send either a hard copy or electronic application.
Department of Public Policy and Administration
6000 J Street, mailstop 6081
Sacramento, CA 95819
Tahoe Hall 3038
Anticipated openings for AY 2019-2020:
- PPA 230, Public Budgeting and Finance
- PPA 297 A/B, Executive Fellows
- PPA 298 A/B, Judicial Adm. Fellows
You can visit the University's Temporary Faculty Lecturer Information webpage to see about other lecturer opportunities on campus.
Please note: Those currently in the temporary part time faculty pool must re-apply each year. Applicants wishing to teach in the Fall 2019 semester must apply by Friday, April 26, 2019.
Tenured Faculty Positions
We do not currently have openings for tenured track faculty.
Program Review Documents
Find here our academic program review self-study documents and the Department's assessment reports and learning objective reports.
- Final Internal Report
- Final External Report
- 2013 Rubric for Scoring PPA Theses
- 2013 Revised Mapping or PPA Specific Learning Objectives
- 2012 Document text
- Previous self study summer 2005
- Previous internal review report fall 2005
- Previous external review report fall 2005
- Institutional Research PPA Fact Book
- Tables 1 through 5
- Tables 6 through 8
- Table 9 : Results of Course Assessments by Course
- Table 10 : Learning Outcomes Matrix
- Table 11 : PPA 200 Learning Objectives
- Table 12 : PPA 205 Learning Objectives
- Table 13 : PPA 207 Learning Objectives
- Table 14 : PPA 210 Learning Objectives
- Table 15 : PPA 220A Learning Objectives
- Table 16 : PPA 220B Learning Objectives
- Table 17 : PPA 230 Learning Objectives
- Table 18 : PPA 240A Learning Objectives
- Table 19 : PPA 240B Learning Objectives
- 2017-2018 Assessment Report
- 2014-2015 Assessment Report
- 2013-2014 Assessment Report
- 2012-2013 Assessment Report
- 2010-2011 Assessment Report
- 2009-2010 Assessment Report
- 2008-2009 Assessment Report
- 2007-2008 Assessment Report
- 2006-2007 Assessment Report