About Womens Studies
One of the oldest feminist academic programs in the country, Sacramento State's department of Women’s Studies is dedicated to studying about women, gender, and sexuality. We work towards facilitating progressive political activism, and fostering community participation.
The Women’s Studies Program provides students with an interdisciplinary model of the study of women’s contributions to culture, knowledge, and society, and the role gender and sexuality play in relation to other social and economic forces such as racism, ethnocentrism, capitalism, and militarism. Students have opportunities to examine women’s diverse experiences—locally, nationally and globally—within feminist and social justice frameworks.
A Message To Our Current Women's Studies Students
From Tuesday, March 17, 2020 until further notice the Department of Women’s Studies will operate by phone and email due to the COVID 19. Please contact the office through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 278-6817. If you have questions or concerns for our Department Chair, please reach out to Dr. Sujatha Moni at email@example.com. Dr. Moni is available for office hours Tuesdays & Thursdays 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm by email and by Zoom. For Zoom meeting, please email Dr. Moni for an appointment. The Women’s Studies faculty can be reached by clicking on the meet us tab at the bottom of the page.
- Education: University Professors, University Staff, K-12 teachers, curriculum specialists, Department of Education
- Paid Organizer: Labor Unions and organizations such as the Feminist Majority or the National Organization of Women
- Writer/ Researcher on women’s issues
- Non-profit agencies with an emphasis on social issues
- Human Resources
- Medicine/Women’s Health
- Consultant on Women’s Issues: Political campaigns and legislative aides.
- International Development: Non-governmental organizations
- Career Development: Career Development consultant and trainer, job developer.