Support Page Content
COVID-19: Student Services & Support
Current conditions, unprecedented in Sacramento State’s history, present demands not only on students but on the University. Procedures are in place to ensure that students have the support they need to achieve their educational goals while staying healthy.
- Student Affairs, providing links to an array of important student services and information.
- Student Health and Counseling Services, the campus center offering students walk-in urgent care, a pharmacy, and clinical and vision services.
- Basic needs resources, with links to services that address issues of housing, food, and financial need among students.
- Associated Students Inc. Food Pantry, providing food and toiletries for pickup by students experiencing food insecurity.
- Crisis Assistance and Resource Education Support (CARES), offering virtual services for students in any basic-needs crisis.
- Emergency grants from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) for students facing pandemic-caused financial hardship.
- Discrimination associated with COVID-19 can be addressed by our Office for Equal Opportunity for anyone who feels they have been targeted or harassed. Sacramento State is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive community. OEO is part of our Division of Inclusive Excellence.
- Guidance for international students on how they can puruse their education at Sacramento State during the current crisis.
- ASI Children's Center, providing care for children of the Hornet Family, with limited access while following COVID-19 guidelines.
- Recreational opportunities through The WELL, continuing virtual recreation services, including virtual fitness classes.
- Internet/Wifi access, IRT support, services that support the essential work of students, faculty, and staff.