Support Page Content
The University has worked to anticipate and meet the campus community’s technology needs, a critical step in ensuring that Sacramento State students are able to pursue their studies virtually, and faculty and staff are prepared to teach and work remotely. Led by Information Resources & Technology (IRT), the University is providing important tools, access, and support.
- Information Resources & Technology, the overall home of Sacramento State technology services and resources, with links to dedicated pages offering information for faculty, staff, and students working remotely.
- Support for working remotely, with detailed information about making the transition from normal campus operations.
- Help for teaching online, offering planning assistance and tips for faculty to ensure continuity and a high-level delivery of instruction.
- Laptop checkout, a program to give members of the University community access to the right tools and equipment.
- Zoom security, a critical element for safely using the popular video conferencing tool.
- Sac State backgrounds for Zoom, with creative scenes for the Hornet Family to use in dressing up their Zoom sessions.
- IRT Service Desk, providing support for technology, services, remote work preparation, and other essential resources – including laptop checkout – for faculty, staff, and students.
- Internet/Wifi access, IRT support, services that support the essential work of students, faculty, and staff.
- Teaching and learning tools, with tips to record and edit video, gain access to Canvas, and more.
- Emergency Notification System (ENS), Sac State’s system for providing emergency alerts and information.