For Prospective Students

How to apply to the University

For general information about CSUS to help you decide if you would like to apply for admission, you can:

Application for admission as an undergraduate is done online: Apply to CSUS.

An overview of our undergraduate program can be found here

For students already admitted to CSUS

Students already admitted to the University who would like to change their major or add Political Science as a second major should follow the below instructions:

  • Pick up an advising form and Declaration/Change of Major or Change of Minor form (see forms page for appropriate form).
  • Meet with a Political Science Advisor and obtain advisor's signature on Declaration/Change of Major or Minor form.
  • Submit completed, signed Declaration/Change of Major or Minor form to Department Office (Tahoe Hall 3104) for Department Chair's signature.
  • Upon receiving Chair's signature, submit Declaration/Change of Major or Minor form to the Student Services Center in Lassen Hall.

Prospective students can find more information about our program by visiting the Undergraduate Program page.  For those who still have questions, please read our FAQ or contact the department for asisstance.