Support Page Content
Updates In Response To COVID-19
The Office of Graduate Studies is operating from remote locations in compliance with recommendations related to COVID-19 from the California State University system and the Office of the Sacramento State President.
Degree Posting Timeline for Fall 2020 Graduates
Degree Posting (10 - 14 weeks)
Posting of degrees begins on the official last day of the semester and is completed within 10 - 14 weeks.
January 4, 2021 was the official last day of the Fall 2020 semester. Degrees will be posted steadily from then until mid-April.
During this time, Degree Evaluators will be checking each student’s Advancement to Candidacy file to ensure that all of the courses approved by the department were completed. Please note that cohorts or programs are not evaluated together and there is no need for concern if others in your program have had their degrees conferred and yours hasn't been. The Degree Servies team will contact you via your csus.edu email if there are any issues with your conferral.
Diplomas (4 – 6 months)
Diplomas, considered the ceremonial document, are mailed to students approximately 4 – 6 months after the official last day of the semester (see above).
Graduating Students and Changes to Grade Basis
If you are graduating in Fall 2020 (undergraduate and graduate students), you are not eligible to make changes to your grade basis for Fall 2020 courses. Once your degree is awarded changes cannot be made.
New Applicant: Who to Contact
The application process has 2-3 steps depending on the program you're applying to.
- Everyone must fill out the CalStateApply application.
- For questions about this, please contact us via Zoom.
- All applicants must have the most current transcripts on file with The Office of Graduate Studies from every Univeristy they've attended.
- If you attended Sac State as an Undergrad and have not taken any coursework elsewhere since, we do not need a copy of your transcripts (since they're already on file from your time as an Undergrad).
- Transcripts must be in by the deadline date.
- Due to COVID-19, our office has limited access to campus therefore e-transcripts are preferred.
- If you have questions about transcripts, please contact us via Zoom.
- If the program you are applying to requires a supplemental, you must find that information through their webpage.
Please communicate with us:
- via Zoom video conferencing,
- connecting to Zoom via phone at 1 (669) 900-6833 and using Meeting ID: 998 112 826
- If you are unable to utilize the verbal zoom line, there is a chat option, accessible through the same link above. Simply login, do not connect computer audio, and our staff will message you via the chat.
Staff will be available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.