Recreation and Park Management Advising

RPM students should meet with their faculty advisor on a regular basis. Prior to meeting with your faculty advisor, please refer to the following forms.

New Majors

If you would like to declare RPTA as your major, please complete the forms below (please type the information directly onto these forms):

Declaration of Major
If you would like to declare RPTA as your major, please complete this form listing RPTA as the major and RPM as the concentration. Please stop by the office to be assigned an advisor.

Student Code of Conduct
All students are required to read and sign the Code of Conduct for the Department.
Please go to the University's Student Conduct website for more information at

New Student Questionnaire
If you are a new student (transfer or change of major), please complete the questionnaire and submit it with the Student Code of Conduct form.


The B.S. in Recreation Administration - Recreation and Park Management Concentration is 57-59 units. Students should carefully read the University Catalog section on Recreation and Park Management and meet with their faculty advisors to ensure that all of the required courses have been completed. All courses require a grade of C- or higher. After completing the coursework all students must complete an internship.

This concentration has a shared set of core courses and then further electives to help students focus  in several areas, including: 

  • Hospitality and Tourism Management, Commercial Recreation, and Event Planning
    - See courses for the Hospitality and Tourism Administration Certificate and the Event Planning Certificate.
  • Community Recreation Management and Non-Profit Administration
    - See courses for the Non-Profit Administration Certificate, and the Community and Agency Recreation Certificate. 
  • Natural Resource, Experiential Education, and Outdoor Recreation Management
    - See courses for the Natural Resource Administration Certificate and the Outdoor Adventure Administration Certificate.

Independent Study Forms

Undergraduate Manual


All students are assigned a faculty advisor upon declaring the major in the RPTA Main Office (4000 Solano Hall) or during Orientation for new students. 

Bachelor's Degree Application

We are pleased to announce that the Undergraduate Petition to Graduate is available (ONLY) online! 

The link can be located within your Student Center. Once you apply and pay the associated fee, the petition is sent to your advisor for approval. Please be patient in reference to your petition's processing timeline. 

  • Please note that the title of your degree is Recreation Administration.
  • You are receiving a Bachelor of Science.
  • Your concentration is Recreation and Park Management.


Interested in a Certificate? RPM students have several Certificate options to make their degrees more marketable. Visit the Certificates and Minors tab above for more information.