Recreation Therapy Advising

RT students should meet with their faculty advisor on a regular basis. Prior to meeting with your faculty advisor, please refer to the following forms.

New Majors

If you would like to declare RPTA as your major, please complete the forms below (please type the information directly onto these forms):

Declaration of Major
If you would like to declare RPTA as your major, please complete this form listing RPTA as the major and RT as the concentration. Please stop by the office to be assigned an advisor.

Student Code of Conduct
All students are required to read and sign the Code of Conduct for the Department.
Please go to the University's Student Conduct website for more information at

New Student Questionnaire
If you are a new student (transfer or change of major), please complete the questionnaire and submit it with the Student Code of Conduct form.


The B.S. in Recreation Administration - Recreation Therapy Concentration is 70-71 units. Students should carefully read the University Catalog section on Recreation Therapy, and meet with their faculty advisor to ensure that all of the required courses have been completed. All courses require a grade of C- or higher. After completing the coursework all students must complete an internship.

Independent Study Forms

Undergraduate Manual

Bachelor's Degree Application

We are pleased to announce that the Undergraduate Petition to Graduate is available (ONLY) online! 

The link can be located within your Student Center. Once you apply and pay the associated fee, the petition is sent to your advisor for approval. Please be patient in reference to your petition's processing timeline. 

  • Please note that the title of your degree is Recreation Administration.
  • You are receiving a Bachelor of Science.
  • Your concentration is Recreation Therapy.

For additional information on the Recreation Therapy Certification, please visit the websites below.

  • National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification: