Keeping your records up-to-date

Please be sure to keep your personal information up-to-date with the Office of Human Resources.

Listed below are some of the life events which will require you to contact the Office of Human Resources. Please contact the Office of Human Resources - Benefits at extension 8-6213 should you have questions regarding life events and your benefits. You can update your address through your My Sac State account, or by completing an Employee Action Request form in the Payroll Office.

In most cases you have 60 days from the date of the life event to notify the Office of Human Resources - Benefits regarding any changes that need to be made. Enrollment changes are normally effective the first of the month following the date you submit your enrollment request to the Benefits Office (certain exclusions apply).



Establish a Registered Domestic Partnership

Terminate a Registered Domestic Partnership

Birth of a Child


Moving (Change of Address)

Loss/Gain of Alternate Health Coverage

Name Change

Addition of Economically Dependent Child

Death of a Covered Dependent

**When removing an existing dependent from your benefits, be sure to do so in a timely manner. Employees who fail to report changes in a timely manner could be liable to reimburse premiums paid in excess of six months from the date the change was received. Additionally, members will be liable for health plan costs incurred as a result of services provided to an ineligible dependent.