W-2 Questions

When are W-2's issued? 
They are Printed by the State Controllers Office and delivered by the end of January. They are sent to the most current address on file with the Payroll Office as of December 18th of the previous year.

I've lost or didn't receive my W-2's, what do I do? 
Stop by the Payroll Office-it may have been returned to us. If you require a duplicate, you can request one by obtaining a Request for Duplicate Wage and Tax Statement from the Payroll Office or you can visit the State Controllers web site at:


More than one tax year may be requested; however, only four prior tax years are available. There is a $8.50 processing fee per tax year requested.

If you are currently employed with a state agency or campus, you must pay via payroll deduction. The fee will be deducted from your next warrant/direct deposit payment. If your current position does not allow for voluntary deductions (i.e. retired annuitant, student assistant, youth aide), or you are no longer employed by a state agency or campus, you may remit payment by either a cashier's check or a money order. Personal checks will not be accepted. Cashier's check or money order must be made payable to the State Controller's Office.