Support Page Content
Faculty & Staff Resources
Using Duo is how you can protect your identity, prevent financial aid scams, and guarantee secure access to the campus services you use every day — like Canvas, My Sac State, Microsoft 365, and your SacLink email to name a few. And remember — no Wi-Fi, no problem! You can still use a passcode to authenticate.
Before you enroll, learn more about your Duo authentication choices.
Already a Duo’er?
Learn how to troubleshoot common issues in the helpful How To’s menu below.
Mobile Device Security
Duo is one of many ways you can protect your device - and the data you access with it. Learn more tips and recommendations for mobile device security.
Duo Mobile App - Recommended
We all usually have our smart phones on us, which makes Duo's free mobile app the easiest way to Duo! Watch the enrollment video, or follow these first-time setup steps:
- Download the free Duo mobile app on your smart phone or tablet. iOS or Android.
- In a web browser, visit the Duo website to Enroll. If already enrolled, visit Manage my Devices.
- Choose the mobile app or token authentication method, then click “Confirm.”
- You’ll receive a welcome email from IRT with a link to enroll.
- Click “Start Setup,” add your device, and follow instructions to finish enrolling.
Don’t have a smart phone in order to use the mobile app, or want to discuss alternatives? Ask the IRT Service Desk Team about the following backup methods:
- Keychain token (one-time passcode generator; available only by request)
- Call to personal mobile phone or cell phone
- Call to desk/business phone (or forwarded to an alternate phone number if working remotely).