Support Page Content
Alternative Internet Resources
Are you teaching, learning, or working remotely and need internet resources? Explore these alternatives to stay connected when off-campus.
Laptop & Equipment Checkout
Need a laptop or equipment? Through our Laptop Checkout program, we offer free long-term checkout on a first-come, first-served basis.
Drive-in Wi-Fi Access
To increase access and alternatives for completing your coursework, we offer drive-in Wi-Fi access in Parking Structure 5. This is for studying only and is not a place to gather socially.
- Available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drive into Parking Structure 5, and follow the signs/cones for parking options on Floors 2-5.
- No parking permit is required.
- For the best reception, we recommend parking at the outer edges of the structure (not the ramps).
- Connect to eduroam (view troubleshooting tips if you're having issues connecting).
- The Sacramento State Police Department will patrol the structure during open hours for added security, but familiarize yourself with the following safety precautions.
- You must practice the same social distancing with your vehicle as you do with people (6 feet or more), as well as to observe basic courtesy rules (stay in your vehicle with the ignition off, no loud music, no smoking/drinking, no sleeping, or overnight privileges).
Off-Campus Internet & Wi-Fi
Your eduroam account goes with you! You can use your same SacLink login credentials to connect at any participating eduroam location without roaming charges.
Internet Service Provider Resources
In response to COVID-19 impacts, internet providers like Comcast are offering free or discounted services to low-income families and households with students, and a helpful zip code lookup tool to locate free outdoor Wi-Fi hotspots near you!
Internet Programs & Reduced Cost Options
Comcast Internet Essentials Program
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Helping households connect during the pandemic! Beginning May 12, 2021, qualifying households are able to apply for the FCC's Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, which provides discounts towards broadband internet service and device purchases:
- Discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households
- Up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands
- Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers (must contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price).
Or call 916-278-7337 during open hours.