Support Page Content
COVID-19 + Off-Campus Internet Resources
To help support internet access that is essential to teaching, learning, and remote work during COVID-19 campus closures, check out the following alternative resources available to our Hornet Family - including on- and off-campus options, and special offers from leading internet service providers such as Comcast.
Drive-in Wi-Fi Access in Parking Structure 5
While the recommendation remains to stay home if possible, this opportunity is a special exception if there isn't an alternative for completing your coursework. This is for studying only and is not a place to gather socially.
- Available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drive into Parking Structure 5, and follow the signs/cones for parking options on Floors 2-5.
- No parking permit is required.
- For the best reception, we recommend parking at the outer edges of the structure (not the ramps).
- Connect to eduroam (view troubleshooting tips if you're having issues connecting).
- The Sacramento State Police Department will patrol the structure during open hours for added security, but familiarize yourself with the following safety precautions.
- You must practice the same social distancing with your vehicle as you do with people (6 feet or more), as well as to observe basic courtesy rules (stay in your vehicle with the ignition off, no loud music, no smoking/drinking, no sleeping, or overnight privileges).
Off-campus Internet & Wi-FiUse your eduroam login credentials at a participating location
A great benefit of Sacramento State's eduroam account is that you can use your same SacLink login credentials to connect at any participating eduroam location without roaming charges. While many participating universities are closed as we are, there may be future opportunities you can take advantage of when closure guidelines and travel restrictions begin to relax.
Internet Service Provider Resources
In response to COVID-19 developments, some internet providers - like Comcast - are offering free or discounted services to low-income families and households with students, and a helpful zip code lookup tool to locate free outdoor Wi-Fi hotspots near you!