Employment Options

F-1 and J-1 students are eligible to work on-campus while attending classes. See the On-Campus Employment site for eligibility, job search resources, and approval process.

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is a type of off-campus work authorization which permits eligible F-1 students to engage in a work experience that is directly related to their major area of study. See the Curricular Practical Training site for eligibility and application procedures.

Through OPT, F-1 students can gain hands-on work experience related to their academic field of study. See the Optional Practical Training site for eligibility, the application process, and reporting requirements.