Transfer Your I-20 to Sac State:

To transfer your I-20 to Sac State, you must have a current, active SEVIS record at another institution. Students beginning their studies Fall 2018 must transfer their SEVIS records and receive a "transfer pending" I-20 by August 14, 2018.


1. Gain admission to Sac State

2. Notify your current International Student Advisor or International Services Office that you intend to transfer your SEVIS record to Sac State. You may need to provide your current institution with:

  • A copy of your Sac State Admission Letter
  • A Sac State F-1 International Student Transfer Form

Students Admitted to a degree program should have their SEVIS records transferred to: 

California State University, Sacramento


3. Your current institution will release your SEVIS record to Sac State. Please be sure your SEVIS record is released two weeks before instruction begins during your first semester.

4. IPGE will issue a "Transfer Pending" I-20. If you have plans to travel outside of the country before you begin your studies at Sac State, please contact IPGE to receive your I-20.

back to top