General Checkout Guidelines
- Laptops/devices can be checked out for four (4) hours at a time.
- Laptops/devices cannot be reserved in advance.
- Only one (1) laptop/device can be checked out at a time.
- The person indicated on the OneCard must be present at checkout and check-in.
- Laptops/devices require authentication with your SacLink username and password.
- Devices cannot be removed from or used off-campus.
- Laptops must be returned to their original checkout location one (1) hour before closing.
- Late fees will be assessed if you are unable to return the laptop/device by its check-in time, no exceptions. On your second late return, your checkout privileges will be suspended for the remainder of the current semester.
- Accessories including Mac adapters, video, and audio cables are available on a first-come first-serve basis at the IRT 24/7 Computer Lab in AIRC 2004.
Requirements for Laptop Checkout
- Must be a currently registered Sacramento State Undergraduate or Graduate student, and must be in good standing with the University Library.
- Must have an active SacLink account to use a laptop/device, and access the campus wireless and wired network.
- Must present a current Sacramento State OneCard at every check-out and check-in.
- Sign the Laptop Computer Loan Agreement.
Lost, Damaged, or Stolen Equipment
As a borrower, you will be required to reimburse Sacramento State for the cost of repairing or replacing the laptop/device if it is damaged, lost, stolen or not returned while checked out in your name. If the laptop/device is lost or stolen, you will be charged a minimum fine of $2,000 plus processing fees. If it is damaged, you’re responsible for any repair costs. Please refer to the Loan Agreement and Use Policy for the conditions of use.
To contest a fee or hold, please complete the Request a Late Fee Refund form.