The mission of the Information Resources & Technology (IRT) division is to support the strategic initiatives of Sacramento State through effective and seamless integration of information technology into all appropriate campus functions. IRT is a customer service organization, which considers responding to the strategic IT needs of its many clients to be of paramount importance.
The following four strategic areas of campus life are supported by IRT:
- Effective teaching and learning;
- Quality student life;
- Administrative productivity and quality; and
- Secure and accessible IT resources for all.
The following core values are promoted in all the work undertaken by IRT. We will:
- Talk positively about the University and each other.
- Keep the big picture in mind and put the University first.
- Treat each other with courtesy, civility, cordiality, and respect in all our relations.
- Strive to solve problems through a planned, coordinated team approach and lend assistance across unit lines.
- Be mindful that we are using technology to solve educational problems, not using technology for its own sake.
- Be aware at all times that we are one organization working together to achieve shared institutional goals.
- Not oppose change merely out of habit. We will approach change as a way to find better solutions to problems.
- Strive to make it easy for our clients to understand and use our services
- Own responsibility for client problems.
- Respect the confidentiality, security, and privacy of others.
- Communicate about problems and differences in a timely, clear, and cordial manner, in search of constructive solutions to those problems.