Travel Forms and Information

Before Travel

Please complete the appropriate form(s) PRIOR to travel.

SSIS Domestic Travel Request - Must be filled out 3 weeks BEFORE travel and is required by the Dean's Office for ALL U.S. travel, whether funded by the University or not.  Please submit form to your department travel coordinator once completed, and also submit an Agenda/program at a glance, event flyer, or email invite.

If you are renting a car, reserve it at Enterprise.

If you need Academic Affairs approval for the lodging rate exception for lodging in excess of $275 per night use the Academic Affairs Travel Expense Justification form, found here.

Students traveling on University business will fill out the Release of Liability Waiver, Field Trip Student, found here, in addition to the Travel Expense Justification.

**Please note that travel funding will not be approved to AL, KY, KS, MS, NC, OK, TN, TX, or SD per AB 1887.

International Travel Expense Justification - Must be filled out 45 working days BEFORE travel and is required by the President for ALL International Travel, whether funded by the University or not. Please submit form to your department travel coordinator once completed, and also submit 1) Agenda/program at a glance, event flyer, or email invite; 2) Supplemental Information Form

International Travel Insurance Request - Must be completed prior to International Travel. Travelers will receive an email from Academic Affairs upon approval to notify them the Insurance Request should be completed.

Additional Required Approvals to High Hazard or Travel Warning List Designations:
As per Chancellor's Office memorandom RM 2014-01, the campus President and their designee may now approve travel to designated "High Hazard Countries" or countries on the US State Department Travel Warning List for all faculty, staff, or students who travel on CSU business.

Travel to designated "War Risk" countries must still be submitted to the Chancellor's Office. 

After Travel

Upon your return, please complete the Travel Expense Worksheet electronically, following the instructions below. Use the Claim Worksheet tab, which will auto-populate the travel claim.

  1. Complete the left side (blue cells) of the form first, beginning at the top with your name, and work straight down, only using the arrow down keys - using the tab will navigate you to other cells on the sheet. 
  2. Complete the right side (green cells) second, beginning at the top. Please remember, the lodging rate should be under $275 a night.  Exceptions to this need to be approved in ADVANCE of travel.  If no exception was obtained from the Provost prior to travel via the Academic Affairs Travel Expense Justification form, only $275 per night pre-tax will be reimbursed and should be entered on the form.
  3. Actual meal expenses should be documented for each meal during the trip. Amounts over the daily limit, $55, will be subtracted. (Please remember no alcohol can be reimbursed.)
  4. Once form is complete, please submit it to your department travel coordinator with your receipts and documentation as soon as possible. All receipts need to be original and itemized, clearly showing what the expense was and how it was paid (e.g. cash, credit, etc).  Please refer to the Travel Training Packet for examples of receipts and documentation that should be included. For those attending conferences, in addition to itemized receipts, please make sure to include the schedule of events (this is mandatory to show verification of meals provided as part of the event).