Support Page Content
The PRIDE Center provides students looking for a connection to campus with programs and events, access to resources on campus and in the community, a welcoming hangout space, and opportunities for education about LGBTQIA communities and the intersections of many identities and experiences.
We exist to create and maintain a campus environment that is open, safe, and supportive of student diversity in the areas of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression.
The PRIDE Center is located in the University Union on the first floor (next to Round Table) and can be reached by calling (916-278-3940) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Queer Connect is a weekly support group for those who identify as LGBTQIA+. This safe space seeks to create an accessible, affirming and empowering space for students of all intersecting identities to come together in community and support one another. All topics or questions are welcome.
Attend every week or drop in once, the door is open. Meetings will be held in the Pride Center on Wednesdays from 12 pm to 1:15 pm and facilitated by Katelyn Sandoval, LMFT.
The Pride Center offers resources and support services to students enrolled at Sacramento State. Looking for ways to get involved with the Pride Center? Fill out the form and the Pride Center Coordinator will contact you to set up a meeting and get involved.
Safe Zone Training
Safe Zone Training is a 3-hour workshop aimed at creating safe spaces/zones on campus in people, organizations, and offices/departments. At the end of each training, individuals get "Safe Zone Stickers" which they can put on office doors/windows, water bottles, binders, laptops, etc., to show that they are safe spaces for LGBTQ students, staff, and faculty.
Lavender Graduation is a celebration of the academic achievements of LGBTQIA students at Sac State. The event usually takes place during Finals Week every May.
Those graduating the semester before or after are welcome to participate. Graduates receive a certificate and a rainbow tassel they can wear at Commencement, and have the opportunity to invite family and friends to a reception with snacks and cake.
The celebration has been Cancelled
PRIDE Week Celebration
Pride week 2020 is April 13th-17th and will culminate with Queer Prom. All Sac State students get in free with their OneCard.
The PRIDE Center offers a number of LGBTQ+ educational panels. These panels provide opportunities for folks to learn from a group of people about the LGBTQ community directly from members of the community.
Each panel usually has a specific topic and is moderated by staff from the Center. Panels are made up of members of the community on and off-campus. Each panel consists of about 20 minutes of panel introductions and story-telling, and Q&A with the audience.
If you have questions or need special accommodations, contact us.
- Deaf Queer Resource Center (website under development)
- Deaf Queer Resource Center/Planet DeafQueer | Deaf Queer Facebook
- Deaf Queer Resource Center:
P.O. Box 14431
San Francisco, CA 94114
- Buckeye Rainbow Alliance of the Deaf (Ohio) (BRAD)
- Deaf Gay Napoleon Club of New England (Deaf Gay Men and Allies in New England)
- Deaf Lesbian.net
- Deaf Lesbian Festival (DLF) | Deaf Lesbian Festival Facebook
- Deaf Queer Resource Center | Planet DeafQueer | Deaf Queer Resource Center Facebook
- Deaf Queer Resource Center
P.O. Box 14431
San Francisco, CA 94114
- International Deaf Leather
- Northwest Rainbow Alliance of the Deaf (NWRAD)
- Northwest Rainbow Alliance of the Deaf
PO Box 94116
Seattle, WA 98124
- Rainbow Alliance of the Deaf (RAD)
- Windy City Rainbow Alliance of the Deaf (WCRAD)
3656 N. Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60613
- GALLAUDET LGBTQA RESOURCES
- Gallaudet Rainbow Society
- PUBLICITY ABOUT OUT DEAF LGBTQA PEOPLE
- Stephanie Johnson:http://taggmagazine.com/wysk-stephanie-johnson-2/
- Drago Renteria: http://planet.deafqueer.com/tag/drago-renteria/
- LGBTQA ORGANIZATIONS WITH DEAF SERVICES
- The DC Center for the LGBT Community (Washington, D.C.)
- The Center Orlando: GLBT Community Center of Central Florida
- METRO D.C. AREA DEAF SERVICES/EVENTS
- LGBTQA Events in Washington, D.C.
- The DC Center for the LGBTQ Community