California State University, Sacramento

Based on real user feedback and statistics, no longer supports Microsoft’s Internet Explorer browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Skip to Main Content

Return To Campus & COVID-19 Information for Students Division of Student Affairs

Support Page Content

Student Services Updates

With more than 58 separate departments in the Division of Student Affairs, it can be challenging and time-consuming to search for answers to your questions. This page brings together the Commonly Asked Questions asked by students, providing information that you need to navigate the new world of virtual services.

On this page find information from Student Services Center, Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions, Orientation, Academic Advising, Services for Students With Disabilities.


I want to meet with an advisor - how do I do this?
For general education and graduation requirements advising, schedule a virtual appointment from our Academic Advising Center website by selecting schedule an appointment.
For major advising schedule a virtual appointment with your college Success Center. Find a list of Success Centers at the College Success Center website.

When is the last day to change my class schedule (or make schedule adjustments)?
Registration dates and schedule adjustment dates can found in the Important Dates and Deadlines page, we encourage you to meet with an advisor prior to making adjustments.

I want to change my major – how do I do that?

Where can I go for assistance with my online classes?
Advising is here for you, our goal is to keep you enrolled and successfully making progress to your degree. We have many resources available on our campus such as tutoring services through PARC, Information Resource & Technology (IRT) is available to you for technical support and your professors are available to talk with you about any concerns you may have about a course.

Bursars Office

Is the Bursars Office open?
We are still open virtually - please email us at

How can payments be made?
Payments can be made online. ACH payments will NOT have a service fee

Can I make a payment in person?
Payments can be dropped in our drop box in front of Lassen 1001. Please do not leave cash.

Can I mail my payment?
Payments can be mailed: Bursar's Office, 6000 J Street, MS 6052, Sacramento, CA 95819. Please include your student ID number on the check/money order.

Will I get late fees?
Late fees will not be added for April 1st payments. If a student is having a financial hardship, please email

Career Center

How can I make an appointment for a career counselor?
Please see the "Make Appointment with Staff" on the Career Center homepage for instructions on how to schedule an appointment.

How can I get my resume reviewed?
Make a virtual appointment or you can use Smart Thinking in Canvas to submit your resume for Professional Writing Review.

How can I prep for a virtual interview?
Check out Big Interview and make a virtual appointment.

More Career Center Questions & Answers

COVID-19 Career, Job & Internship Resources

Equity & Academic Success

Will student holds be applied during the move of the campus to online supported services?
No, we will not apply holds to meet programmatic advising requirements. We will instead be proactively reaching out to students to make sure their advising needs are met.

Will student workers be allowed to work from home within SASEEP?
Yes, remote work options will be provided to allow the continuity of work schedules and to ensure ongoing service provision for the semester

How can prospective EOP students receive help with solidifying attendance to the University for Fall 2020?
Our Admissions and Outreach team as headed by Jose Mejia and Josiah Greer will be available online and by phone to assist with questions and concerns pertaining to Fall 2020 admission and enrollment.

More SASEEP Questions and Answers

Financial Aid

Is there a way to submit my Financial Aid documents electronically?
We encourage students to submit their documents by May 1st via the FA Online Document Upload however, we are currently reviewing our document due dates. We will communicate updates via email. Please keep an eye on your email.

If you are unable to upload the documents, there is a Document Drop Off Box located in Lassen Hall near the front of the Student Services Center.

Are any deadlines going to be impacted due to the virtual services?
We are currently reviewing all due dates and will be communicating any changes via email.

Records & Transcripts

How can forms be submitted to Records and Transcripts (University Registrar)?

  • Completed forms can be scanned to PDF and emailed to for processing.
  • If wet approval signatures cannot be obtained, we will accept emailed authorization from the required parties (student/instructor/adviser/chair/dean) attached to the processing form. Authorization must be sent from a SacLink email account.

We are aware that not all of our forms are available as fillable PDFs. If you are attempting to submit a document that is not fillable, please be sure to provide all the required information in the body of your email.

Which forms can be submitted electronically?
The following forms can be submitted electronically: Add/Drop Petition, Repeat Grade Replacement Petition, Repeat Exception Petition, Withdrawal Form, Petition for Exception to the Undergraduate Withdrawal Policy, Credit by Examination Petition, Leave of Absence Petition, Change of Major, Change of Minor, Academic Standards Committee Special Consideration Petition and First Semester "WU" Grade Deletion Petition.

If you are unable to submit forms electronically, a document drop box is available outside of the Student Service Center on the first floor of Lassen Hall.

More Records & Transcripts Questions

Services for Students With Disabilities

I am registered with SSWD. How can I be assured I will get my accommodations, especially if everything goes online?
SSWD is committed to continuing the services you have relied on. As a student with a disability, you have rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). SSWD will continue to ensure that you have equal access to learning at Sac State.

I want to speak to an Access Coordinator – how do I do this?
Contact our office via phone (916) 278-6955 or e-mail us at to arrange a virtual appointment with an Access Coordinator. Access Coordinators will meet with you by phone, e-mail and/or Zoom (similar to Skype).

How do I get my testing accommodations?
If you have been approved for testing accommodations contact the Testing Center by phone (916) 278-6296 or e-mail to confirm your testing requirements. As faculty utilize Canvas for the remainder of the semester, many of your accommodations can be implemented within Canvas. If this is not the case, and the faculty is unable to provide what you are authorized to have, we are here for you.

More SSWD Questions & Answers

Strategic Student Support Programs

Can I still receive in-person services if I wish to OR is virtual my only option?
As of Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all services provided by the Serna Center, the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP), and the Dreamer Resource Center (DRC), will be solely virtual until further notice. Services and support will be available during normal business hours (Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm).

Please reach out to the following points of contact for individual program assistance:

College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)
Phone: (916) 278-4075

Dreamer Resource Center (DRC)
Phone: (916) 278-4512

Serna Center
Phone: (916) 278-4174

High School Equivalency Program
Phone: (916) 278-4514

Multicultural Center
Phone: (916) 278-6101

Woman's Resource Center
Phone: (916) 278-7388

Pride Center
Phone: 916-278-3940

More Strategic Student Support Program Questions

Student Organizations & Leadership

How do I find which clubs are recognized at Sac State?
Clubs have until Sept 30th to renew for Fall but you can find any club on Hornet Hub under “Organizations” at the top. You can search by name or sort by club type. If you need help finding a club that is right for you, please reach out to our department.

Is the Leadership Initiative (LI) Program happening in Fall?
Yes! All of the workshops have been adapted to online and we have made it even easier than before by adding on-demand events to help you achieve the Areas of Growth. Everything for the program can be found in our Leadership Initiative Certificate Program page.

How can I meet with my SO&L Advisor?
Utilize Zoom drop-ins daily from 3-4pm or contact the front desk to schedule an appointment, both options are outlined fully in the link below.

Organizations & Leadership Virtual Front Desk

Testing Center Services

Will the Testing Center be open during its normal business hours?
No. The Testing Center will only be open when needed to proctor an exam for students who have accommodation needs that cannot be provided on Canvas, such as the need for readers, scribes, alternate formatting, or certain assistive technologies.

What if I already have an exam scheduled with the Testing Center?
The Testing Center will proctor any exams that were scheduled prior to March 13, 2020.

Will the Testing Center proctor exams for students registered with Services to Students with Disabilities (SSWD)?
The Testing Center will proctor exams for students registered with SSWD for exams that require accommodations other than what can be provided on Canvas, such as the need for readers, scribes, alternate formatting, or certain assistive technologies.

More Testing Center Services Questions

Veterans Success Center

Will there be any changes to my VA Education benefits and payments for the Spring 2020 semester?
No, students will not see any changes to their VA Education benefits and/or payments for the Spring 2020 semester.

Will the Veterans Success Center computer lab be open for student use?
No, the Veterans Success Center computer lab and lounge will suspend any gathering of students and in-person contact until further notice

Who do I contact if I have not received my VA education benefit payments?
Please contact the VA Regional Office in Muskogee, Oklahoma or at 1 (888) 442-4551.

More Veterans Success Center Questions