campus photo

Students are employed in many university departments. On-campus student employees are paid through funds reserved for student assistants or federal work-study.

Student Assistant

It is not necessary to demonstrate financial need to qualify for a student assistant position. A student must be matriculated and enrolled in courses at Sacramento State with a minimum course load of 6.0 units for undergraduate students and 4.0 units for graduate students. Students enrolled in only Open University and/or Continuing Education courses are not eligible for Sacramento State student assistant positions.

Federal Work-Study

Applicants for the work-study program must demonstrate financial need through the Sacramento State Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. If federal work-study is awarded, available positions are listed on the Hornet Career Connection Account.