Spring 2019

  • First-time freshman
  • Junior Transfers
  • Lower Division Transfers and Second Bachelor Applicants - Not currently accepting applications.
  • If admitted to the University you will have to provide official transcripts for all institutions.
  • Transfer credit is not determined until after a student has attended orientation and registered for classes.
  • A Veteran with a DD214 will receive minimum 4 units and GE Area E. 
  • The University follows ACE guidelines for military credit on AARTS/SMARTS/JST transcripts.
  • Majority of transfer credit will be elective units.
  • The University will accept credit from Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and Defense Language Institute (DLI).
  • The University will accept CLEP, Dantes and DSST tests. 
  • Please note that all  USAF Airmen will be required to submit copies of their CCAF transcript.
  • If you are applying to a commissioning program like Green to Gold, SOAR or AECP, you can contact our Veteran Admissions Counselor in order to review eligibility to the University.
  • If eligible, our counselor can issue an early admissions letter for your special program packet.
  • Effective July 1, 2009, nonresident tuition fee waivers are available to eligible new and continuing undergraduate and graduate level military students, regardless of educational purposes. The nonresident tuition fee waiver does not qualify students as a California residents; it simply waives the out-of-state tuition fee.
  • Active duty military personnel and their dependents are eligible for a nonresident tuition fee waiver if the military member is stationed on active duty in California for more than 30 days. The tuition fee waiver will be effective until the student's continuous enrollment ends.
  • Recently discharged CA military personnel may be eligible to receive a residency status exception for one year from the date of discharge, retirement. 
  •  Military nonresident tuition fee waivers are not automatic.  Proof of active duty status via military orders, military ID and dependent military ID are required in order to activate the waiver. 
  • Can receive in-state if enrolled within 3 years of discharge no matter their place of separation
  • If you have any questions regarding residency, please contact the Veterans Admissions Counselor. Can receive in-state if enrolled within 3 years of discharge no matter their place of separation. 

Veterans Admissions Counselor

Mateo Avila
Email:  *All documents can be either scanned, faxed or mailed to the address below.
CSUS - Office of Admissions - Email: