Student safety is of the utmost importance to Sacramento State. Services that enhance student safety include:
- A night shuttle/ escort service that operates on campus
- Free, safe rides home for students in the Sacramento area within a 10- mile radius of campus (Wednesday-Saturday, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.); call (916) 278-TAXI
- Emergency blue light phones and cameras throughout the campus
- An emergency notification system (ENS) that sends alerts via e-mail and/or text message; students or parents must enroll in ENS, and we strongly encourage them to do so
- A victim advocate available 24 hours per day, seven days per week (Jessica Heskin, 916-278-3799)
Additionally, all incoming students are required to complete an online campus safety tutorial that focuses on real-life college issues such as alcohol use, responses to the drinking behavior of peers, and healthy sexual relationships.