Support Page Content
Student Parents Resources
Sign Up for Program Updates
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter for student-parents, where we share scholarships, grant information, virtual events, and other offerings for students-with-children at Sac State.
Research & News
Student-Parents Ambassadors are volunteers who have agreed to share their stories as Sac State students-with-children to help build the community into a more visible, friendly part of campus and to help advocate for resources. Student-parents get together socially at events, talk with other student-parents over email, phone, and Zoom calls, and serve as the voice of students-with-children to campus leaders.
Share your success as a Student-Parent!
Program & Campus Resources
- Hornet Family Study Care - Childcare cost assistance for Pell-eligible Sac State Students. Grant 1 from 2018-2022 has ended. You may fill out the interest list here for the 2022-2026 Grant 2. We applied for funding from the U.S. Department of Education and will not know if we receive the grant until November 2022. If we are awarded and receive funding, and you are eligible, we will notify you in November 2022.
- Student Parent Orientation Video
- Newsletters - Sign up for the Parents & Families newsletter to stay up-to-date with the most recent news and updates.
- CalWorks Paperwork - Need a signature to verify enrollment at Sacramento State for CalWORKs? Drop of your paperwork at our front desk at Lassen 2205 for signature, and email director Haley Myers Dillon with your request, your needed turnaround time, and your student ID. Alternatively, you can make an appointment as well.
- The Women's Resource Center - supports the Sac State community by bringing awareness and understanding of the contributions, opportunities, and barriers facing women in our society in the past and present
- Sac State Basic Needs Initiative - Sacramento State helps students get food and emergency funds. Learn more about our Basic Needs Initiative, including the ASI Food Pantry and Pop-Up Pantry, CalFresh Sac State, and the Emergency Fund program.
- ASI Children's Center - on campus child care programming that works to support Sac State students with Children
- Pregnant and Parenting Student Rights - are the rights that protect expecting students and students with children from discrimination or misconduct at Sacramento State.
- Childcare Options for Student-Parents - location-based childcare services and resources around the Sacramento area.
- Financial Wellness - Visit this website for budgeting and other useful information.
- Student Parents at CSU Sacramento - Briefing on 2017-2018 Sac State Student-Parents, services provided, and other resources.
- "Listening to Students: Student-Parents" - Donna Knifong, a lecturer in the Department of Communication Studies, conducted numerous surveys over the last several years, asking students about their college experience. This survey’s respondents are student-parents at Sacramento State.
In the Community
- June Care - An alternative to childcare that allows you to find affordable babysitters in your neighborhood or nearby for short-term childcare needs. It also allows you to sign up as a babysitter. Learn more at JuneCare.co or listen to our conversation with June Care. Open to everyone.
- Chicks in Crisis - An Elk Grove nonprofit group that provides free diapers, formula, children's clothing, maternity clothing, car seats, and children's furniture to students in need. The mission of the organization is to help support students-with-children to stay in school. (Parents & Families Program can verify your enrollment for these services.)
- Sacramento Crisis Nursery - Two locations offer temporary, emergency childcare for children ages newborn through 5 years old. We recommend you sign up for eligibility before you anticipate needing the service.
- 211 Sacramento - Assistance for accessing city services including but not limited to affordable housing.
- WIC - Parents & Families partners with Community Resource Project to improve our mother's rooms on campus and offer information brochures on the Women, Infants, and Children Supplemental Nutrition Program. Find a WIC Clinic near you here.