SUBMISSION PROCEDURES FOR
GRANT PROPOSALS AND SPONSORED PROJECTS
1. The University shall be listed as the applicant agency for all proposals for grant or contract funds submitted by faculty and staff to federal agencies and to private
foundations; the CSUS Foundation will continue as the applicant agency for all other proposals;
2. The President or designee shall be the authorized signature over which proposals to federal agencies or private foundations are submitted on behalf of the University; the Executive Director of the CSUS Foundation or designee will be the authorized signature for all other proposals;
3. Awards shall be accepted on behalf of the University by the President or designee (federal and private foundations) or by the Executive Director of the CSUS Foundation or designee (all others);
4. The CSUS Foundation, through its Executive Director, may act as fiscal agent for any award and have responsibility for its financial administration including determinations regarding overhead and administrative costs, within University policy and practice.
5. Before a proposal can be submitted to an external funding agency, it must be approved by (A) the appropriate Dean (Program Head) and (B) the Director of
Research and Sponsored Projects, as designated by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs:
A. Where there is need for the use of University resources (either in the form of matching funds or continued support), the Dean of the College (program head) of the unit from which the proposal originates is responsible for ensuring that such resources are provided for before signing off the proposal. If the School cannot provide all the resources necessary to administer the grant, the Dean (program head) is to secure a written commitment from the appropriate University official that the resources can be provided from other sources, and
B. The Director of Research and Sponsored Projects is responsible for reviewing all proposals submitted by faculty and staff to ensure that University policies, procedures, and rules have been observed and certifying such.
6. The Director of Research and Sponsored Projects will supply the Deans with a quarterly listing of all proposals submitted on behalf of the University. A similar listing will be provided for all awards made to the University.