VISITING SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The Visiting Scholars Program (VSP) is a valued program at Sacramento State. It contributes to the scholarly and creative activities of the University and to the enrichment of the life of both the University and the regional community. Furthermore, the Program, through its scholarly presentations, furthers California State University, Sacramento�s vision "to develop a campus that is welcoming, inclusive, vibrant, and intellectually stimulating for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and University visitors," and "to develop a campus community whose diversity enriches the lives of all and whose members develop a strong sense of personal and community identity as well as mutual respect.�
1. As many scholars will be invited to speak on the campus throughout the academic year as circumstances and funding permit.
2. Those recommended for the Program must have established records of accomplishment in their fields.
3. Presentations by visiting scholars shall be free to the University community and to the Sacramento community at large.
4. Programs shall be scheduled at times and places so as to maximize attendance, with maximum use of appropriate indoor and outdoor University facilities.
1. Funds for the Program will be administered by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
2. Academic Affairs shall provide the necessary administrative support for the Program.
3. The Visiting Scholars Subcommittee is a subcommittee of the Faculty Policies Committee. The Subcommittee administers the Visiting Scholars Program and recommends policies and procedures relating to the Visiting Scholars Program.
Complete information about the Subcommittee�s charge, membership, and operations can be found in the Standing Rules of the Subcommittee at