Support Page Content
HR-Related Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Employee-Specific FAQs from Human Resources
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Leave Comparison Chart NEW
- Communications to Employees Regarding (Possible) COVID Exposure NEW
- Communications to Employees Regarding (Possible) COVID Exposure (Spanish) NEW
- Request for Emergency Paid Sick Leave/Emergency FML Expansion (FFCRA) form
- Families First Coronavirus Relief Act (FFCRA) FAQs
- Employee Rights - Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Benefits Resources for CSU Impacted Employees (COVID-19)
- Temporary Paid Administrative Leave FAQs (NEW)
- Temporary Paid Administrative Leave Request Form (Adobe Sign version) NEW
- Temporary Paid Administrative Leave Adobe Sign Instructions NEW
- Temporary Paid Administrative Leave Request Form
- Temporary Telecommuting Agreement - Emergency Corona Virus form
- Do employees have the option to work from home?
- How can employees request telecommuting as an option?
- How should employees report time away from work?
- Should an employee who is out sick provide a health care provider’s note?
- Where can employees get information to help deal with the non-work related effects of COVID-19?
Temporary Telecommuting Agreement (NEW)
Do employees have the option to work from home?
- Yes, all positions that can provide services remotely should be telecommuting. During this state of emergency, Vice Presidents will work with leadership in their divisions to identify those positions who are able to work remotely. Employees who believe their positions fall in that category are encouraged to discuss telecommuting with their appropriate administrator, and fill out the Temporary Telecommuting Agreement – Emergency Corona Virus form.
- If telecommuting is not operationally feasible, and the employee has a health concern that makes them feel unsafe in the workplace, the employee should call their appropriate administrator to report their absences for that day.
How can employees request telecommuting as an option?
- Employees can fill out the Temporary Telecommuting Agreement – Emergency Corona Virus form and submit to their appropriate administrator for review.
- Managers and appropriate administrators will consider requests with the operational needs in their respective areas and overall feasibility.
How should employees report time away from work?
- Employees should notify their appropriate administrator as soon as practicable.
- Employees taking time away from work because of their own illness may utilize their accrued sick leave, if available. If employees do not have accrued leave available, they may request to utilize vacation, CTO, or Personal Holiday. Other programs, such as Nonindustrial Disability Insurance (NDI) and/or Catastrophic Leave, may be utilized as appropriate.
- Employees taking time away from work to care for “immediate family” as defined by the applicable Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), may utilize accrued sick leave as defined in the applicable MOU. Employees may request to use accrued vacation, CTO or personal holiday.
Should an employee out sick provide a health care provider’s note?
No. Appropriate administrators should actively encourage sick employees to stay home, but should not require employees who are sick to validate their illness. Health care provider offices and medical facilities may be extremely busy and not able to provide such documentation in a timely way.
Getting information around non-work related aspects of COVID-19
- Sac State has a dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage with updated information and news.
- Employees and family members in need helpful guidance, counseling, referral to local resources or reliable professional care, may contact LifeMatters by Empathia services 24/7 telephone assessment/counseling at 800-367-7474 (TDD/TTY: 877-307-2812) (password: SacState), or access information and resources online at www.mylifematters.com. All employees, their dependents (including dependent children not residing with the parent) and other family members living in the employee's home are eligible for services and may contact LifeMatters directly.
- Employees may also make requests for use of vacation, sick leave and Personal Holiday through their normal deparmental process.