About Sac State Employee Affinity Groups
Employee Affinity Groups
Employee Affinity Groups (EAG) have been formed by Sacramento State staff and faculty over the years through grassroots efforts. The Division of Inclusive Excellence serves as a liaison to EAGs to help support and coordinate community building on our campus, particularly with respect to employees from historically marginalized or underrepresented groups.
The mission of the EAG's shall be to:
- Educate, raise awareness, and share information about issues that affect historically marginalized communities;
- Provide professional development, networking, and cultural appreciation opportunities;
- Improve diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging; and
- Offer a forum in which staff/community concerns can be made known to the University.
Employee Affinity Group Benefits
- Recognition as an official organization of Sacramento State and executive sponsorship through the Division of Inclusive Excellence
- University webpage for EAG (links to social media, EAG private website, contact info, etc.)
- University provided e-mail address
- Ability to reserve space and access institutional resources
- Access to University financial account, if desired
- Direct access to the University administration through the VP of Inclusive Excellence and greater visibility to the campus community via new staff and faculty orientations, and other University-sponsored events, etc.