Support Page Content
Faculty Support and Success
FDI develops and curates a variety of experiences, tools, trainings, and other opportunities to support the success of both new and seasoned Sac State faculty. Check back often to discover the latest offerings.
Demystifying the Tenure Track Program
A learning community developed by and for faculty of color. This faculty development opportunity aims to create a space for faculty of color in their first, second, or third year to engage in focused conversation and cultivate their individual goals and practices for earning tenure in a supportive professional community. Although the material will be accessible and meaningful to all participants, the topics and discussions will center the intersectional identities and experiences of faculty of color.
Lead Facilitator: Dr. Amber Gonzalez
2022-2023 registration is now open - Please email Dr. Amber Gonzalez to register.
National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
The NCFDD is an independent faculty development center dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers. By becoming an Institutional Member, all faculty, postdocs, and graduate students at University have access to the following member resourcesvat no additional cost:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
To take advantage of this opportunity, you can activate your confidential, personal membership by completing the following steps:
1) Go to http://www.FacultyDiversity.org/Join
2) Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
3) Select “Activate my Membership”
4) Complete the registration form using your SacLink (“csus.edu”) email account
5) Go to your SacLink email to find a confirmation email. Click “Activate Account” in the confirmation email.
We encourage you to take advantage of the resources available to you through the NCFDD. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Lina Rincón, Director, Faculty Diversity & Inclusion (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tasha Souza, Vice Provost for Faculty Success (email@example.com). If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.
Faculty Success Facilitated Conversations
Based on NCFDD webinars, the facilitated conversations aim to create community around specific faculty success topics. Led by faculty or college administrators with faculty experience, these facilitated conversations invite participants to watch an NCFDD webinar focused on a specific topic to then meet and discuss how what was discussed in the webinar applies to faculty success in the Sac State context.
Below is the 2022 – 2023 Faculty Success Facilitate Conversations schedule:Inclusive Pedagogies
- Strategies for Centering Instructor Identity in STEM Education
- Equitable, Accessible, and Inclusive Teaching Practices
- Empowered Teaching Toolkit: Beginning to Prepare for "Difficult" or "Controversial" Conversations
- Creating an Inclusive Classroom: Students with Disabilities
- How to Be a Strong Sponsor and Advocate for Faculty
- How to Challenge Race and Gender Bias in Student Evaluations
- Navigating Faculty Career Transitions: Getting to Mid-Career and Beyond
- Moving from Associate to Full Professor
- Strategies for Academics Managing Careers and Caretaking during the Pandemic (and beyond….)
- Turning Chutes into Ladders for Women Faculty: A Roadmap to Equity in Academia