Name: Dr. Kathy Moore - Faculty Web Page - Foreign Languages Department
Title: Professor of Spanish
Office Location: MRP 2029
Office Phone: (916) 278-6513
Mailing Address: Sacramento State University, Foreign Languages Department, 6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6087
Office Hours: Fall 2013
Office Hours: Tuesdays - 10:30 - 12:00; 3:00 - 4:00; Thursdays: 11:00 - 12:00
This page updated: : August 23, 2013
Span 1B (sec 4) Syllabus
Span 7 (sec 4) Syllabus
- Span 1A
- Span 1B
- Span 2A
- Span 2B
- Span 7
- Span 47
- Span 153
- Span 103
- FL 385 (Foreign Language Teaching Methodology - Secondary School)
- EDTE 480A / EDTE 480B (Teacher Preparation and Supervision)
Professor Kathy Moore has been teaching at CSU Sacramento since 1988. She earned a BA in Spanish with a minor in French from CSU Northridge, an MA in Hispanic Studies with an emphasis on Peninsular Literature and Foreign Language Pedagogy from the Monterey Institute of International Studies, and an EdD with an emphasis on secondary school reform and pedagogy from California Coast University. She enjoys teaching courses in foreign language methodology, Spanish grammar, composition, conversation, and reading strategies in Spanish.
Papers & Publications
- SPANISH FOR LIFE - Core Text Spanish 1A, 1B, 2A courses -M. Carol Brown and Kathleen Moore, Heinle & Heinle, a Division of Thompson Learning, January, 2000
- Pasaporte a la lectura - Spanish 7 text - Kathleen Moore and Edward Baranowski, Kendall/Hunt Publishers, January, 2004
- Conference speaker on Foreign Language Pedagogy, Classroom Management Techniques, Teacher Training - California Language Teachers Association, Foreign Language Association of Greater Sacramento
- 1996 "How to be a Successful Cooperating Teacher"
- 1997, 1998 "Techniques and Strategies for the Beginning Teacher of Language"
- 1999 "Breaking Barriers: Supporting the Beginning Teacher"
- 2000 "So, You are a Beginning Foreign Language Teacher? Strategies to Help You Thrive"
- 2002 "Contemporary Methodology in the Foreign Language Classroom"
- FLAGS Fall Workshop 2004: "Guiding a Student Teacher in Your Classroom"
- Participant in the "Sor Juana Symposium", September 29, 30, Oct 1, 2004, playing the role of Sor Juana in "Los dialogos de Sor Juana" with the Mexican author and playwright, Olivia de Montenegro
- Interpreter for the World Masters Athletic Championships - July, 2011
- General Pedagogy
- Secondary School Reform
- Pedagogy in the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Mystical Literature of Spain
- French Language and Literature
- Italian Language and Literature
- Currently writing a book of guidelines for the beginning teacher of foreign language
- Researching the literature of the great Spanish mystics, Santa Teresa de Avila and San Juan de la Cruz with the goal of organizing a seminar of the literature in Avila, Spain.
- California Language Teachers Association
- Foreign Language Association of Greater Sacramento
- Foreign Language Association of Northern California
- California Faculty Association
- American Association of University Women
- Phi Beta Delta,Society of International Scholars