Name: Dr. Jinsong Ouyang
Title: Professor and Graduate Coordinator
Office Location: Riverside Hall 3018I
Office Phone: (916) 278-5769
Mailing Address: Department of Computer Science, California State University Sacramento, 6000 J Street Sacramento, CA 95819
Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 1:30 - 3 pm; or by appointments
Courses that I teach
- CSc 196: Cloud and Mobile Computing Pragmatics
- CSc 258: Distributed Systems
Please login to your Canvas for course materials.
- Distributed Algorithms and Protocols
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing, Internet of Things
- System and method of monitoring e-service Quality of Service at a transaction level. US Patent 7349340, 03/25/2008.
- E-service management through distributed correlation. US Patent 7272626, 09/18/2007.
I have published extensively in the area of distributed systems and computer networks. The following is a list of selected publications.
- H. Jung, J. Yang, J. Woo, B.M. Lee, J. Ouyang, K. Chung, and Y. Lee. Evolutionary Rule Decision using Similarity based Associative Chronic Disease Patients. Journal of Cluster Computing, 18(1): 279-291, Springer, 2015.
- B.M. Lee and J. Ouyang. Intelligent Healthcare Service by using Collaborations between IoT Personal Health Devices. International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, 6(1): 155-164, 2014.
- S. Im, H.Y. Youn, J. Choi, and J. Ouyang. A Novel Air Indexing Scheme for Window Query In Non-flat Wireless Spatial Data Broadcast. Journal of Communications and Network, 13(4): 400-407, 2011.
- T.J. Distler and J. Ouyang. Clock Synchronization for Distributed Media Applications. Software: Practice and Experience, 37(14): 1489-1514, 2007.
- J. Ouyang. An Instrumentation Solution for Reliable Three-Tier Web Applications. The Journal of Computer Resource Management, 98:67-83, 2000.
- J. Ouyang and P. Maheshwari. Supporting Cost-Effective Fault Tolerance in Distributed Message-Passing Applications with File Operations. The Journal of Supercomputing, 14:207-232, 1999.
- J. Ouyang and P. Maheshwari. An Efficient Approach for Constructing Reliable Distributed Applications. International Journal of Systems Science, 28:945-959, 1997.
Conference Proceedings Papers
- S. Gopalan, A. Kulkarni, A.N. Shah, J. Dai, J. Ouyang, P. Muyan-Ozcelik, and X. Sun. Don't Be Surprised: I See Your Mobile App Stealing Your Data. In Proceedings of International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC 2018), March 5-8, 2018.
- B.M. Lee and J. Ouyang. Application Protocol adapted to Health Awareness for Smart Healthcare Service. In Proceedings of International Workshop on Human Computer Interaction (HCI 2013), ASTL series, ISSN 2287-1233, vol. 43, December 2013.
- J. Ouyang. Webponder: An Innovative Cloud Service for Application Description and Provisioning. In Proceedings of IEEE 2012 World Congress on Services (SERVICES 2012), June 2012.
- T. Saito, J. Ouyang. Client-side Data Visualization. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, 194-199, August 2009.
- S. Im, J. Choi, S. Park, and J. Ouyang. A Multi-level Grid-Based Air Indexing Scheme for Window Query Processing in Wireless Data Broadcast Environments. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Future Generation Communications and Networking (FGCN), 116-119, 2008.
- J. Ouyang, A. Sahai, and J. Pruyne. A Mechanism of Specifying and Determining Pricing in Utility Computing Environments. In Proceedings of 2nd IEEE/IFIP International Workshop on Business-driven IT Management, 39-44, 2007.
- S.E. Cox, D. Zhang, and J. Ouyang. A Tag-Level Web-Caching Scheme for Reducing Redundant Data Transfers. In Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Software Engineering & Knowledge Engineering (SEKE'2007), 274-280, 2007.
- V. Bindiganavale and J. Ouyang. Role Based Access Control in Enterprise Application - Security Administration and User Management, In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, Sep 2006, Waikoloa, Hawaii.
- K.H, Joo, J.H. Lee, J.K. Choi, and J. Ouyang. An optimized query evaluation in a hierarchical mediator system. In Proceedings of 2005 US-Korea Conference on Science, Technology, and Entrepreneurship, UC Irvine, August 2005.
- J. Shi and J. Ouyang. eSign: An Enterprise Portal for Secure Document Management. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, August 15-17, 2005, Hilton, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- I. Kim, Y. Woo, H. Kang, B. Kim, and J. Ouyang. Layered Web-Caching Technique for VOD Services. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3043/2004, pp. 345-351, Springer-Verlag Heidelberg.
- I. Kim, T. Hwang, S. Moon, B. Kim, and J. Ouyang. Client-Based Video-On-Demand Service using Multicast. In Proceedings of High Performance Computing for Computational Science (VECPAR’04), pp. 651-661, Valencia, Spain, June 2004.
- J. Ouyang. An analytic model for end-to-end Web transactions monitoring and breakdown analysis. In Proceedings of the 8th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Orlando, Florida, July 2004.
- J. Ouyang, W. Chu, and P. Savur. WTM: A Framework for Web Traffic Monitoring and Correlation. In Proceedings of the Twelfth International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2003), vol. 2, pages 55-64, Budapest, Hungary, May 2003.
- A. Sahai, V. Machiraju, J. Ouyang, and K. Wurster. Message tracking in SOAP-based Web services. In Proceedings of the 8th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2002), Florence, Italy, April 2002.
- J. Ouyang, A. Sahai, and V. Machiraju. BizQoS: Specifying and Guaranteeing Quality of Service for Web Services through Real Time Measurement and Adaptive Control. HPLabs Tech Report HPL-2001-134, 2001.
- J. Ouyang, A. Sahai, and V. Machiraju. An Approach to Optimistic Commit and Transparent Compensation for Web Service Transactions. In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems, Dallas, TX, August 2001.
- J. Ouyang, A. Sahai, and V. Machiraju. CTP: An Optimistic Commit Protocol for Conversational Transactions. HPLabs Tech Report HPL-2001-20, 2001.
- J. Ouyang, A. Sahai, and V. Machiraju. Extending ARM for End-to-End Correlation and Optimization of Web Service Transactions. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Advanced Issues on E-Commerce and Web-based Information Systems, Milpitas, CA, 2001.
- A. Sahai, J. Ouyang, and V. Machiraju. Extending ARM to Support n-D Correlation. HPLabs Tech Report HPL-2000-169, 2000.
- A. Sahai, J. Ouyang, and V. Machiraju. End-to-End Web Service Transaction and Conversation Management through Distributed Correlation. HPLabs Tech Report HPL-2000-145, 2000.
- J. Ouyang. SHARE: A Framework for Scalable, Highly-available, and Reliable Web Services. HP OpenView Technical Report, January, 2000.
- V. Ng, P. Maheshwari, J. Ouyang. Supporting Fault Tolerance on A Heterogeneous Cluster of Workstations. In Proceedings of 1998 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications, Las Vegas, USA, July, 1998.
- J. Ouyang and P. Maheshwari. Incorporating Fault Tolerance in Distributed Applications. In Proceedings of the 21st Australian Computer Science Conference, Springer-Verlag, pages 121-132, February, 1998.
- J. Ouyang and P. Maheshwari. Building Reliable Distributed Programs with File Operations. In proceedings of 1997 International Conference on High Performance Computing, IEEE Computer Society Press, Bangalore, India, December 1997.
- J. Ouyang and P. Maheshwari. Supporting Fault Tolerance in Heterogeneous Distributed Applications. In Proceedings of 1997 International Workshop on Heterogeneous Computing, IEEE Computer Society Press, Geneva, April 1997.
- J. Ouyang and G. Heiser. Libra: A Library for Reliable Distributed Applications. In Proceedings of 1996 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications, vol. 2, pages 801-810, Sunnyvale, California, August 1996.
- J. Ouyang and P. Maheshwari. Architecture and Implementation of Libra, A Library for Reliable Distributed Applications. In Proceedings of IEEE Second International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing, pages 263-270, Singapore, June 1996.
- J. Ouyang and G. Heiser. Checkpointing and Recovery of Distributed Shared Memory Applications. In Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Object Orientation in Operating Systems, IEEE Computer Society Press, pages 191-199, Sweden, August 1995.