Using Japanese in Hotmail
Japanese on your Computer
In order for you to use the Japanese version of Hotmail, you will need to first
make sure that you can input Japanese characters.
Typing Japanese on your Computer
Signing up for a Free Hotmail Account
- Go to http://www.hotmail.com
- Click on the New Account Sign Up Tab
- Fill out the Profile Information. For now, keep English as the Language.
- On the Billing screen, click on the FREE E-mail link
- After your account has been created, change your language preference
by clicking on the Options link next to the Contacts tab.
- Click on the Language link under the Your Information column.
- Select Japanese and click OK.
- From now on, everything will be in Japanese, but the screens correpond one-to-one
with the English screens.
Side-by-Side English & Japanese Screenshots