Comstock’s ‘Young Professional and Leadership’ issue honors five Hornet alums
June 30, 2020
Comstock’s magazine’s annual “Young Professional and Leadership” issue, published in July, recognizes 10 of the region’s up-and-comers – and half of them were “Made at Sac State.”
The annual issue highlights a group of innovative, diverse and forward-thinking professionals who are making an impact on Sacramento and will continue to shape the region’s future. Individuals selected are under 40 years old and work in the Sacramento area.
Sacramento State alumni honored in this year’s issue are:
- Rosemarie Dauz ’13 (Health Science), community relations specialist, Golden 1 Credit Union.
- Nicholas Haystings ’16 (Mechanical Engineering), executive director, Square Root Academy.
- Chelsea Minor MBA ’15, corporate director for Consumer and Public Affairs, Raley’s.
- Kevin Phan ’11 (Business Administration), president and CEO, Capital Asian American Professional Society (CAAPS).
- Holly Powers ’09 (Business Administration), MBA ’13, assistant director, Placer County Office of Emergency Services.
Hornet alums also have a major presence each year on the Sacramento Business Journal’s annual “40 Under 40” list. Together, the lists recognize the effect Sacramento State alumni are having in the region and the important role the University plays in preparing the region’s new leaders.