Support Page Content
Teaching, Research, Scholarship, & Creative Activity
- Incorporate a variety of academic models and pathways, and technology enhanced solutions to support our increasingly diverse student body, and the post pandemic expectations.
- Provide support for faculty to align instruction with principles and practice of equitable and inclusive teaching and learning.
- Strengthen culture of appreciation that supports effective teaching, research, scholarship and creative activity.
- Partner with the community to address local and global challenges through sharing knowledge, good practice, and expertise.
- Strengthen support for research and scholarly and creative activity.
Innovation in Teaching, Research and Creative Activity
Teaching, research, scholarship, and creative activity are key elements for advancing student success and collaborative partnerships for addressing societal needs.
The university must adapt to ensure its educational offerings are current with technological advances, social trends, and innovation. The global pandemic brought challenges as well as opportunities for innovation.
We will extend what we have learned in response to the global pandemic, and will leverage new technology and partnerships to support faculty and staff, and meet the changing needs of our students. We will continue to expand opportunities to develop new programs that meet the needs of the region and our students. Investment in graduate education is paramount and requires a commitment beyond our current levels.
Sacramento State must also focus on research that includes applied, practical, and creative work, attracts external resources, and positively impacts the community, state, nation, and larger global community. An investment in research creates a strong foundation for teaching, learning, innovation, and economic development.