Support Page Content
Wellness and Safety
- Ensure equity in health services and wellness measures through the adoption of antiracist, inclusive, and just policies and practices for the student body, faculty, staff and larger Sacramento community.
- Enhance Basic Needs Program to ensure food security, shelter, finances, and physical and psychological safety needs are met for students and employees.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all members of the campus community and its visitors.
- Integrate wellness principles and practice into curricular education, advising, campus experiences, and scholarly and creative activity.
- Integrate employee wellness measures and programs into human resources policies, and procedures to enhance the lives of employees.
Create a Campus Ecosystem and Culture of Wellness
Sacramento State recognizes that student, faculty, and staff wellness is imperative to our collective success. We must ensure that basic needs including food, shelter, finances, as well as physical, mental, and spiritual needs are met as foundational to our mission to prepare students for leadership, service, and success. Recent events including the global pandemic and focused attention on social inequities reinforce the need to ensure that students, faculty, and staff are given the support and tools needed to not just survive, but to genuinely thrive. We are committed to creating a Healing University, internally and externally, with a focus on inclusion and outreach.
We aspire to embed wellness throughout the University to create lasting cultural changes with measurable positive outcomes. We will pursue and develop innovative ways to create a culture of wellness. We will actively engage the community at large in accomplishing this goal. We will be a compassionate and effective resource for students, faculty, staff, and the community. We will continuously review policies to support student and mental health and wellness.