Support Page Content
The Student Health Services Pharmacy is in a state-of-the-art facility that provides services to students at a very reasonable price.
It is the priority of our pharmacy staff to provide the highest level of care to each patient.
- Prescriptions & Refills
- Over-the-Counter Products
- Emergency Contraception
- Vaccines and Flu Shots
- Homeopathic Products
- Patient Education
- Cold/Flu Kit
|Monday - Thursday||8:30 am – 5:30 p.m.||12:30 – 1:30 p.m.|
|Friday||9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||12:30 – 1:30 p.m.|
Prescription services are available only to Sac State students. Prescriptions are accepted from Sac State Student Health Services providers as well as outside providers in accordance with state and federal law. Students may also get prescriptions filled by an outside pharmacy of their choice. Please call (916) 278-6040 if you have any questions regarding the medications we carry.
The Pharmacy accepts most third-party insurance plans and accepts cash, credit card, or OneCard payments.
You may call the Pharmacy at (916) 278-6040 to refill your prescription or online.
Existing prescriptions from an outside pharmacy may be transferred to the Sac State Pharmacy by:
- Calling the Pharmacy to provide the outside pharmacy prescription information; or
- Bringing in your empty prescription bottle.
Student Health & Counseling Services currently provides required vaccines and immunizations by appointment on the Patient Portal. See Immunizations & Vaccines for more information. Additionally, students’ personal insurance plans may cover their immunizations and vaccines via their pharmacy benefits. Please contact (916) 278-6040 to inquire.
Flu vaccine is FREE to Sac State students, staff, faculty, and offered at a low cost for university staff. See walk-in Flu vaccine clinics below.
For more information or to book a flu vaccine appointment, please visit the Patient Portal or contact Student Health & Counseling Services at (916) 278-6461.
|Sept. 19||11 a.m. - 3 p.m.||University Union|
|Sept. 23||1 - 4 p.m.||The WELL|
|Sept. 27||12 noon - 3 p.m.||Library Quad|
You don’t need to flush or toss your medication. Drop it off with us.
It’s easy to dispose of medications at the pharmacy:
- Remove or destroy personal information from the medicine containers.
- Remove solid medications/pills from original containers and place in a zipper bag or directly in the secured disposal bin. Keep liquids in original containers and place in the secured disposal bin.
- Recycle the emptied pill containers at home or in the Sac State pharmacy’s plastic recycling bin.